Posts with tag "kanye west"
- Posted Mar 31st 2011 at 01:00 PM by Zach Dionne
Katy Perry and Kanye West are an unlikely duo, and the video of their collaboration is a fittingly bizarre sci-fi oddity. Starting out with a 'Wall-E' meets 'Return to Oz' vibe, the video for 'E.T.' tractor-beams in every angle of sci-fi weirdness imaginable. We're talking 'Avatar,' 'Stargate,' 'A.I.' -- no theme is off-limits. And although Kanye's bars are definitely silly, possibly weak --...
- Posted Mar 21st 2011 at 01:30 AM by Spinner Editors
SXSW's longstanding nickname "Indie Rock Spring Break" certainly wasn't accurate during the final day of the Austin music festival as hip-hop took over the Texas town, culminating in Kanye West's not-so-secret show in the city's former power plant. After a day marked by stellar sets from Big Boi at the MOG showcase at the Mohawk; Killer Mike, Lil B and a surprise mini-set from Diddy and Odd...
- Posted Mar 14th 2011 at 08:45 PM by Zach Dionne
When Kanye West got turned away from Paris fashion shows last week, we waited for the inevitable explosion, for Yeezy's newest dozen-tweet rant. It never came. Our curiosity climbed. Then Kanye tweeted about Paris Fashion Week, and it was no kind of tirade; it was a happy photo of himself and a bevy of fans [above], simply tagged "photo from paris last week." What's going on here? Is Kanye...
- Posted Mar 11th 2011 at 12:45 AM by AOL Music Editors
Kanye West has an eye for fashion, but that doesn't necessarily mean he gets to see the catwalk shows in Paris this week. The outspoken rapper has been making the rounds at Paris Fashion Week, and while he's been spotted at the Valentino, Givenchy and Vivienne Westwood shows, apparently some designers are turning him away. According to the New York Post's Page Six, organizers are getting tired...
- Posted Mar 7th 2011 at 12:15 PM by Amber James
Although Kanye West has expressed an interest in fashion, he's not ready to get schooled in it. After the rapper was spotted at London's Central Saint Martins College last week, rumors began to circulate that Mr. West was there to apply for a master's degree in fashion. But a rep for the college denies the reports. "Kanye West has not applied for a place on M.A. Fashion at Central Saint Martins...
- Posted Feb 25th 2011 at 02:00 AM by Boombox Editors
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- Celebrity Twitter -
- Kanye West -
- AOL Music
Ever since Kanye West created a Twitter account last July, the rapper has carried his antics over to the social networking site with little censorship. After all, critics and fans have come to expect ridiculous rants and senseless tweets from the 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' creator, and yesterday's was no different. West took to his Twitter account Wednesday night to express his...
- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 12:45 AM by AOL Music Editors
Kanye West has appropriated other people's art within his music, but his recent video for 'All of the Lights' has some cult film fans in an uproar. Fans accuse West and director Hype Williams of ripping off themes from the French film 'Enter the Void,' in the video, which features guest appearances from Rihanna and Kid Cudi, as well as verses from Fergie, Charlie Wilson, John Legend, Tony...
- Posted Feb 15th 2011 at 08:15 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
Katy Perry is known for her unusual fashion choices, but this outfit might be the strangest, most far-out look of all. On Tuesday, Perry released a photo on her Facebook page that featured the pop singer dressed as an alien alongside Kanye West. Is it perhaps a peek at the upcoming music video for her upcoming single, 'E.T.'? We think yes. Perry sings about falling in love with an alien on...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2011 at 01:34 PM by Amber James
'Gossip Girl' actress Leighton Meester had a star-studded party and dinner presented by Diesel to celebrate her Nylon magazine cover. She was joined by 'The Roommate' co-star Minka Kelly and 'Gossip Girl' pals Jessica Szohr and Michelle Trachtenberg at the W New York Downtown Hotel on Tuesday evening. Perhaps the most surprising appearance came from rapper Kanye West, who apparently...
- Posted Jan 27th 2011 at 01:45 PM by Matthew Shepatin
With Kanye West set to headline the final night of three-day sold-out music festival Coachella in April, the only question is whether the mercurial rapper/producer/Twitterer will spoil his own big moment. The talented Kanye is sure to give concertgoers a special treat -- though "special" could signify a mind-bogglingly impressive performance or mind-numbingly immature antics. With 'Ye, you...
Popeater Hot Topics
- FROM EW: Watch Rob Lowe's Awesome Shark Week Promo
- How Mick Jagger's Daughter Georgia May Is Helping in the Fight Against Blood Cancer
- Why 5 Seconds of Summer Was So Scared of One Direction
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
- Lady Gaga's Ghost Machine, Justin Bieber's Batmobile and Rihanna's $1 Million Hair—See the Craziest Celeb Purchases!
- YouTube Star Timothy DeLaGhetto Surprises His Parents by Paying Off Their Mortgage—Watch the Sweet Video!
- Details About Maya Rudolph's Fourth Child Finally Revealed Days Before Her First Birthday