Posts with tag "kanyewest"
- Posted Dec 21st 2009 at 10:30 AM by Shelley White
With the music industry in a tailspin, it's no surprise that some pretty wacky stuff happened in the last 10 years. Some of the incidents were calculated to elicit gasps, others were gaffes that were repeatedly forwarded to the delight of cubicle monkeys around the world. Some were horrifying, some hilarious, some tragic -- and most had little to do with music. Here were the most flabbergasting...
- Posted Dec 14th 2009 at 06:24 AM by PopEater Staff
It took him a few months, but Taylor Lautner has finally gotten around to defending his maybe-girlfriend Taylor Swift from Kanye West and his interrupting ways. During his 'Saturday Night Live' monologue, the 'New Moon' star got a chance to re-live that fateful night when he stood idly by as the rapper ruined Swift's acceptance speech. "I was actually at the VMA's the night [Swift] won the...
- Posted Dec 10th 2009 at 02:11 PM by PopEater Staff
It's been a pretty big year in celebrity news. The death of Michael Jackson sent shock waves through the world, while Susan Boyle 'Dreamed a Dream' and won the hearts of millions. But there were also stories that we think were too overblown -- like Kanye West grabbing the mic from Taylor Swift at the VMAs or Michael Phelps venture into the world of pot smoking. Which story was the biggest...
- Posted Dec 4th 2009 at 08:55 AM by Jo Piazza
Why hellllo Hurricane Tiger Woods. The professional golfer is living in the eye of the perfect media scandal storm this week, and early predictions say life for the former boy phenom isn't going to get easier any time soon. Did Tiger's multi-million dollar team of brand managers and image consultants go on an extended Thanksgiving holiday? We just ask because it hasn't been Tiger's...
- Posted Dec 2nd 2009 at 11:20 AM by Linda Laban
- Filed under:
- Music News
It was a perfect backdrop for Lady Gaga. This year's electro pop sensation kicked off two sold-out concerts in Boston at the lavish Wang Theatre amid opulent gold fixtures and marble friezes -- a gilded cage for an exotic songbird. Still, the old-world rococo splendor was equaled by Gaga's dizzying, high-tech stage set, which seemed to change as often as Gaga switched her barely-there costumes....
- Posted Nov 29th 2009 at 01:00 PM by Amber James
Adam Lambert's AMAs performance from Sunday night has everyone talking, and it seems award shows in 2009 were filled with shock value. We predict that years from now, people will still be talking about Kanye West infamously interrupting Taylor Swift at the VMAs. When hundreds of celebrities are piled into one room, there is no guessing what will happen. Over the past decade, there have been...
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 11:59 PM by Jo Piazza
Thanksgiving is a time of turkey and stuffing, football and family drama. And at PopEater we like to maximize that drama. So we got to thinking, what if we could bring together our favorite 2009 Hollywood disasters at one dinner table? Who would sit next to who? Whatever would they talk about? PopEater creates the ultimate Thanksgiving seating chart for our boldfaced fantasy Thanksgiving, with...
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 04:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Last week, PopEater teamed up with NiceOne! to see how celebrities sized up this year by letting our readers vote on various Thanksgiving polls -- and apparently they've all had enough of Kanye West, naming him 2009's Biggest Turkey. With 42% of the total votes, he beat out the likes of Spencer Pratt and Jon Gosselin. We're pretty sure our readers still haven't forgiven him for stealing the mic...
- Posted Nov 19th 2009 at 01:13 PM by Amy Wilkinson
A city by any other name certainly isn't as sweet. Just ask Bruce Springsteen. Last week (on Friday the 13th, fittingly enough) The Boss mistakenly name-checked Ohio during an Auburn Hills, Michigan concert. The 60-year-old rocker referred to the Buckeye State several times during the show's first 30 minutes before guitarist Steve Van Zandt whispered the correct locale in his ear. A sheepish...
- Posted Nov 8th 2009 at 09:16 AM by PopEater Staff
Taylor Swift, host of this week's 'Saturday Night Live,' didn't spend much time addressing Kanye West's stage storming incident. She made brief mention in an opening song that included all the topics she doesn't want to talk about: her break-up with Joe Jonas and "that werewolf from 'Twilight'", Taylor Lautner. Later in the evening she even spoofed Kate Gosselin. Watch the videos after the jump....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Baby Boy on the Way for Bachelor Alum Renee Oteri
- The New Way to Tone Your Abs (It Beats Crunches!)
- Justin Bieber Compares Himself to Princess Diana After L.A. Fender-Bender with Paps
- 'Cops' crew member killed by police officers
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Sons of Guns' canceled after star Will Hayden arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping minor
- Marvel will reissue all those Dark Horse ?Star Wars' comics that didn't really happen
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?
- H. Jon Benjamin makes a crazy Kenny Loggins Kickstarter even crazier
- If USC Football Player Josh Shaw's Story About Jumping Into a Pool to Save a Drowning Boy Sounded Too Heroic to Be True... Well, It Was
- Chris O'Dowd and Wife, Dawn O'Porter, Reveal They're Expecting a Baby During ALS Ice Bucket Challenge—Watch Now!
- Bitch Stole Our Look! Rosie Huntington-Whiteley vs. Olivia Palermo vs. Suki Waterhouse vs. Cara Delevingne in Burberry