Posts with tag "katie couric"
- Posted Apr 13th 2011 at 09:16 AM by Rob Shuter
Katie Couric appeared on the 'TODAY' show Wednesday morning "a little older and no wiser," she said. It was obvious from the second her interview with former co-host Matt Lauer began that they still have a dynamic and unbeatable chemistry. "If this was an audition for a new talk show, then they both would get the job," one TV executive tells me. "They just have it. From the moment they sat ...
- Posted Apr 13th 2011 at 02:15 AM by AOL TV Editors
There has been frequent speculation lately that Katie Couric will be leaving 'CBS Evening News' for another show, perhaps even for her old gig on 'Today.' Couric dodged most of Barbara Walters' pointed questions today on 'The View' about her job status, saying there has been no announcement and her plans, whatever they may be, are not public. "Will you finally confirm that you're leaving ...
- Posted Apr 4th 2011 at 08:15 AM by AOL TV Editors
Rumors have been swirling for weeks about what Katie Couric will do when her CBS contract expires this summer. Now, The Associated Press reports that she is heading to fill the Oprah-sized hole in the daytime talk show lineup. According to The AP, Couric will step down from her role as anchor of the 'CBS Evening News' after almost five years in the job. The AP says a network executive, who ...
- Posted Mar 23rd 2011 at 10:15 AM by AOL TV Editors
With Katie Couric's lucrative contract up soon, there is speculation that she might be looking to leave her gig as anchor of 'CBS Evening News.' David Letterman decided to get to the bottom of things when he had Couric on 'The Late Show' (weeknights, 11:35PM on CBS), but the anchor played it coy. "I'm figuring out what I want to do, and I'm just sort of in the process of, you know, figuring out ...
- Posted Mar 16th 2011 at 10:02 AM by Rob Shuter
Next year, voters will decide who gets to live in the White House, but among TV bigwigs, there's another choice to be made. Two former daytime titans, Katie Couric and Ricki Lake, are itching to get back in the game, but there's no guarantee the networks or distributors need both. "They both want this really bad," a TV insider tells me. "But it looks like Katie has the upper hand at the ...
- Posted Feb 3rd 2011 at 11:08 AM by John Mitchell
As the violence between protesters supporting Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and those calling for the president's immediate removal from office continues to escalate in Egypt, several well-known journalists have come under attack. CNN's Anderson Cooper was punched in the face repeatedly by a pro-Mubarak mob, and now CBS's Katie Couric and ABC's Christiane Amanpour have also had frightening ...
- Posted Jan 31st 2011 at 05:01 PM by Rob Shuter
As the brilliant Katie Couric nears the end of a five-year contract that paid her $15 million this year alone, sources tell me the former queen of morning TV is already mapping out her next job: filling the talk-show void when Oprah ends her show. "No doubt, Oprah leaving her show is going to cause a huge gap in daytime talk, and the only person who could hope to fill her shoes is Katie ...
- Posted Jan 26th 2011 at 11:59 PM by Jo Piazza
Katie Couric came under fire this month for suggesting a Muslim version of 'The Cosby Show' would go a long way in fixing America's ignorance about the Islamic faith. "Maybe we need a Muslim version of 'The Cosby Show' ... I know that sounds crazy," Couric said on a web version of her show, while discussing the major stories from 2010. "But 'The Cosby Show' did so much to change attitudes about ...
- Posted Dec 9th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Sarah Crow
Chelsea Handler has a well-earned reputation as a tough cookie, but in her recent interview with Katie Couric, the comedienne shows off her softer side (she has one!) between barbs. The news anchor and Glamour correspondent, who became a lifelong fan of Handler's raucous humor after inviting her to last year's White House Correspondents' Dinner, interviewed the late-night host for the magazine, ...
- Posted May 19th 2010 at 02:13 PM by PopEater Staff
Brian Williams, Katie Couric and Diane Sawyer -- the big three in network news -- are teaming up once again for a good cause. The trio will join forces for a second Stand Up to Cancer fundraiser. The telecast, which raises money for cancer research, is set for September 10. The announcement was made this morning during the big three networks' morning shows, 'The Early Show' (CBS), 'Today' (NBC) ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Voice Crowns a Winner
- Edward Furlong Charged with Assaulting Girlfriend
- Mila Kunis's Dangerously Low Jeans Give Us 2001 Flashbacks
- Actor Edward Furlong charged with assaulting girlfriend
- Sofia Vergara brags on her backside with sexy selfie
- Then/Now: 'St. Elmo's Fire'
- Jimmy Kimmel wants to ?Channing All Over Your Tatum' ? MUSIC VIDEO
- ?The Voice': Season 4 winner is?
- ?So You Think You Can Dance': The Top 20!
- The Voice Backstage: Blake Shelton Celebrates Birthday With "Ultimate Gift" Wife Miranda Lambert!
- The Voice Winner Revealed: Was It Danielle Bradbery, Michelle Chamuel or the Swon Brothers?
- Justin Bieber's Twitter Power? Rapper King Kevi Wants Restraining Order, Says Beliebers Are After Him