Posts with tag "kelly clarkson"
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 02:46 PM by Nicki Gostin
Kelly Clarkson watches a lot of reality television, as anyone who has seen her Facebook page can attest. "I am a reality show junkie -- you name it, I watch it!" she tells PopEater in an email exchange. That "addiction" includes -- surprisingly -- the show she conquered 10 years ago that has gone on to be a worldwide phenomenon and a launching pad for Billboard-topping talent such as ... herself....
- Posted Jun 30th 2010 at 07:30 PM by Adam Horne
- Filed under:
- Music News
Since 'American Idol' first invaded our pop culture zeitgeist back in 2002, the show has spawned some of music's biggest stars. Numerous 'Idol' alumni have gone on to record Platinum-selling, Grammy-winning records while others have maintained niche audiences or found success pursuing different career paths. Have a look at some of the most notable former 'Idols.' Carrie Underwood Not every...
- Posted May 26th 2010 at 10:40 PM by PopEater Staff
Departing judge Simon Cowell was supposed to be the center of attention in the 'American Idol' season 9 finale. But ironically, it was the former 'American Idol' winners who stole the show during his special farewell tribute segment, which also featured the return of former judge Paula Abdul. In a true show-stopping moment, winners Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie...
- Posted May 23rd 2010 at 01:00 PM by Jo Piazza
Now that 'American Idol' is once again down to the top two, we'll be seeing a lot of those 'Idol' lists. Most successful 'Idols,' most album sales, fan favorites. There's only so many times we can read about Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, no? Well 'Idol' success comes in lots of shapes and sizes. You have the Carrie and Kelly set. They've each sold over 10 million albums and reached...
- Posted May 7th 2010 at 10:03 AM by Mike Hess
Kelly Clarkson is mad as hell, and she's not going to take it anymore ... but she will sing about it! The 'American Idol' queen has always maintained a cool-and-collected public persona, though with her new tune, she's making it clear that she's not exactly happy with her record label and a songwriter(s?). In her new tune, 'Wash, Rinse, Repeat,' Clarkson rails against the music industry, and even...
- Posted Apr 21st 2010 at 12:43 PM by Nadine Cheung
Kelly Clarkson is at the center of controversy again, but is using her personal blog to speak out about the matter. On Wednesday, the singer posted an entry regarding the recent debate over billboards that promoted the pop star's upcoming concert in Jakarta, Indonesia, using logos from the popular cigarette brand, L.A. Lights....
- Posted Feb 5th 2010 at 06:34 AM by PopEater Staff
Kelly Clarkson is fired up about Taylor Swift's "pitch-challenged" performance at the Grammy Awards and weighing in about the recent comments made by Big Machine Records's Scott Borchetta who called Swift "the voice of this generation." In the same statement, he added, "This is not American Idol. This is not a competition of getting up and seeing who can sing the highest note. This is about a true...
- Posted Feb 4th 2010 at 11:55 PM by Sam Brand
'American Idol's' inaugural winner refuses to forget where she came from, and she's not afraid to blog about it. On Thursday, Kelly Clarkson took to her keyboard to punch out a fiery rebuttal against Scott Borchetta, head of Taylor Swift's label, who slammed 'Idol' earlier this week while defending his star pupil's sub-par performance at the Grammys. "We not only hit the high notes," Clarkson...
- Posted Jan 26th 2010 at 11:40 AM by Melinda Newman
Sure, it's an honor just to be nominated, but the Fray's Isaac Slade isn't going to lie -- the Denver-based band wants to take home a Grammy or two at this year's ceremony. The quartet is nominated for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals alongside the Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi and MGMT, as well as for Best Pop Vocal Album for its second major label release, 'The Fray.' Its...
- Posted Dec 3rd 2009 at 01:13 PM by Bryan Alexander
Kelly Clarkson was spreading the love at the hip Hotel Monaco in Seattle during a lengthy stay. Restaurant patrons started a low-key frenzy as she hung out at the hotel restaurant Sazerac over successive evenings. But the highlight came when the successful solo artist dropped by on Thanksgiving to take part in the make-your-own Bloody Mary bar. "Before heading out for her own Thanksgiving...
Popeater Hot Topics
- RHONJ Finale: 'I'm A Survivor,' Says an Emotional Teresa Giudice
- Matthew Morrison Gets Married, Zac Efron Turns 27 & More Weekend News
- Kristen Bell: Why We Taught Lincoln Sign Language
- 'Buffy' star Nicolas Brendon arrested after hotel disturbance
- 'Fury' starring Brad Pitt wins the box office weekend race
- Ice-T likens 'Law & Order' to robbing a bank
- Renee Zellweger, Reese Witherspoon Walk to Defeat ALS
- ?The Walking Dead' haunted house scared the bejeezus out of me
- Every ?Simpsons' ?Treehouse of Horror' short, ranked
- WWE Diva Nattie Has Meltdown While Discussing Divorce With Husband TJ—See the Total Divas Recap!
- Jason Momoa's Audition Tape for Game of Thrones Is Even More Intense Than You Thought—Watch Now!
- Homeland: Why We Were Yelling Obscenities At Our TV Screens Tonight