Posts with tag "kevin eubanks"
- Posted Apr 14th 2010 at 07:01 AM by PopEater Staff
As Kevin Eubanks prepares to leave Jay Leno and 'The Tonight Show,' NBC has announced he'll be replaced by 'American Idol' music director Rickey Minor. Eubanks made his May 28 exit date official during Monday's episode. Minor is expected to debut at 'Tonight' on June 7. "We couldn't be more excited," said Debbie Vickers, 'Tonight' executive producer. She said the show "has a long tradition of a...
- Posted Apr 13th 2010 at 08:32 AM by PopEater Staff
After 18 years as Jay Leno's music director, Kevin Eubanks has confirmed he will be leaving 'The Tonight Show' on May 28. After doing his "Headlines" segment, Leno called Eubanks to the stage and said, "We have one more headline to get to and it involves our very own Kevin Eubanks." "After 18 years, I just need a change of pace and see what else is going on," Eubanks said. Back in February, NBC...
- Posted Feb 17th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Denise Warner
Kevin Eubanks plans to part ways from Jay Leno. But why does he want to quit now? Is it because of the ratings struggle that left Conan O'Brien out of a job and killed Leno's image? Eubanks has been with Leno since 1992 and has led the band -- first 'The Tonight Show' band and then the Primetime Band when Jay moved to the short-lived 10 PM show -- since 1995. Although the jazz guitarist plan...
Popeater Hot Topics
- John Legend & Chrissy Teigen Marry Their Dogs in Most Perfect 'All of Me' Parody Video
- Choose Your Own Adventure Is Coming Back with a New Book! Celebrate with 5 Surprising Facts
- January Jones and Will Forte Are Dating!
- Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts' guitarist Jeremy Brown dies at 34
- 'Brooklyn 99' star Chelsea Peretti helped broke ball player
- Tom Hanks' son Chet Haze threatens Howard Stern
- Khloé Kardashian Sobs to Rob Kardashian, Begs Him to "Just Accept the F--king Help!"—See the KUWTK Clip
- Does Paris Hilton Believe There Would Be No Kim Kardashian Without Her? Watch the Video!
- John Legend Hosted a Wedding for His Dogs and It's Not an April Fools' Joke