Posts with tag "kevin smith"
- Posted May 18th 2011 at 02:38 PM by Ben Trivett
For the better part of two decades, Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith have been cracking people up. Whether it's making movies, making cartoons, or just touring around the country to speak on college campuses, this duo can always bring out a grin. Now they're back in action picking at funny bones over the radio. Their new show on S.I.R. will feature Jay and Kevin 24 hours a day with new and recorded ...
- Posted Feb 8th 2011 at 10:34 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Forget hitting the gym to shed those extra pounds. Just get kicked off a plane for being "too fat," and you'll be so traumatized you'll have to lose the weight! At least that was the case for Kevin Smith. The director and 'Jay and Silent Bob' star told Joy Behar about his 65-pound weight loss in a high-energy interview that led her to ask, "Are you on amphetamines?" Last February, Smith w...
- Posted Jan 25th 2011 at 04:40 PM by Matthew Shepatin
Kevin Smith has a plan to bypass what he sees as a messed-up Hollywood studio system that ineffectively spends a vulgar amount on advertising dollars, mostly on films that aren't very good. He harped on the point -- and made headlines -- with a recent spot on the 'WTF with Marc Maron' podcast, citing his job helming 'Cop Out' as a majorly unsatisfactory experience in the big-budget world. Let's...
- Posted Dec 7th 2010 at 02:15 PM by Sarah Crow
Kevin Smith's career might be soaring, but the star just can't seem to get off the ground, thanks to a number of mishaps in his recent airplane travel. The Huffington Post reports that Smith was kept from boarding a Virgin America flight with his wife, Jennifer, and 'Jay and Silent Strike Back' co-star Jason Mewes. Allegedly, the trouble started when the trio arrived at the gate less than ten m...
- Posted Aug 19th 2010 at 02:33 PM by PopEater Staff
Last night in Los Angeles, AOL hosted its first annual Geek Awards at Los Angeles' fab Conga Room, sponsored by Blackberry, and it was quite the affair! Geek-tastic stars of every stripe stormed the pink carpet at the Conga Room to be honored by the editors of PopEater, Urlesque, Moviefone, Asylum, AOL Music and StyleList. Of course, StyleList was beyond thrilled to honor Lara Spencer, host ...
- Posted Jul 7th 2010 at 04:00 PM by Bryan Alexander
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Weight -
- Celebrity Fights -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Twitter -
- Interviews -
In February, headlines around the world deemed director Kevin Smith "too fat to fly" after he was ordered to leave a Southwest Airlines flight on which he had already been seated. After an angry explosion on his Twitter made national news, Smith did his best to let the controversy slip away -- until he was called upon to shoot scenes for the 'Cop Out' DVD release. Smith moved in front of the...
- Posted Feb 16th 2010 at 02:30 PM by Dino Sossi
Despite having a nickname like Silent Bob, Kevin Smith sure has a lot to say about his problems losing a seat on Southwest Airlines, according to his blog. "Lots of folks still telling me to stop crying and lose weight -- as if that's what this was all about," writes Smith, commenting on what many believe to be the instigating factor in his ejection from a recent flight. "Easier to tell the li...
- Posted Feb 14th 2010 at 09:22 AM by PopEater Staff
Kevin Smith is not a happy Southwest customer. The director was thrown off a flight from Oakland to Burbank, after being deemed too fat to fly. He would later end up on another Southwest flight and now he's expressing his anger on Twitter. "Dear @SouthwestAir - I know I'm fat, but was Captain Leysath really justified in throwing me off a flight for which I was already seated?" her began. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Wait Until You Read What Martha Stewart Said to Justin Bieber at His Comedy Central Roast
- Mother Allegedly Smothers Her Child in NYC Restaurant Bathroom
- Iggy Azalea Talks Britney Spears Duet: Grabbing Lunch, Becoming Friends
- 'Game of Thrones' star Kit Harington: Being called a hunk is ?demeaning'
- Shawn Mendes: Taylor Swift 'the best person in the world'
- ?Killing Jesus' breaks rating record with 3.7 million viewers for NatGeo