Posts with tag "kurt cobain"
- Posted Apr 7th 2011 at 02:45 AM by Spinner Editors
On the 17th anniversary of his suicide, Nirvana fans paid their respects to Kurt Cobain in his hometown of Aberdeen, Wash., on Tuesday at the unveiling of a statue in his name. The concrete guitar standing 3.9 metres tall was created by local artist Lora Malakoff, and features a steel ribbon inscribed with lyrics from the Nirvana song 'On a Plain,' reading "One more special message to go and th...
- Posted Mar 17th 2011 at 11:44 AM by Spinner Editors
Just what is it with rock stars and the ashes of deceased family members? Ever since Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards admitted to snorting his late father's ashes, it seems that burnt remains are becoming the nasal substance of choice. And now, joining the -- ahem -- line, is Courtney Love. According to author Neil Strauss, currently doing the promotional rounds for his tome, 'Everybody ...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 03:13 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
According to The Huffington Post, troubled ex-grunge rocker Courtney Love has decided to take custody matters into her own hands. The messy singer, whose odd and often indecipherable blogs are the source of much media attention, is retaliating against a court's decision to keep her away from her 17-year-old daughter, Frances Bean Cobain. Frances Bean's father Kurt Cobain committed suicide in 1...
- Posted Dec 17th 2009 at 08:04 AM by PopEater Staff
The feud between Courtney Love and her daughter Frances Bean Cobain is getting more tense by the day, as word is a restraining order was issued in order to keep Love away from her 17-year-old child. Just last week, guardianship of Frances -- the daughter of Courtney and the late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain -- was abruptly awarded to Cobain's mother....
- Posted Dec 14th 2009 at 05:18 PM by PopEater Staff
Courtney Love is no longer the legal guardian of her 17-year-old daughter, Frances Bean Cobain. TMZ reports that a court appointed guardianship of Frances to her grandmother Wendy O'Connor and aunt Kimberly Dawn Cobain. The new guardians, however, have no control over the trust set up for Kurt Cobain's only child....
- Posted Nov 24th 2009 at 01:02 PM by Shelley White
It's clear that clever CGI techs can make anybody do pretty much anything on film. Though that could be seen as a good thing -- the ultimate hot-guy flick starring James Dean, a young Marlon Brando and Johnny Depp perhaps? -- it has also ended up producing some of the most crass advertisements in recent memory. The ethics are murky. It seems okay to reproduce a famous dead person for artistic reas...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 09:46 PM by Tricia Romano
Dead music stars still have major drawing power. Michael Jackson's posthumous documentary and CD 'This Is It' is released this week, and if history is any guide, his estate stands to make a lot of money. Since his death in June, 9 million Jackson albums have been sold -- which means he's already beaten John Lennon and Elvis Presley in his fourth act. Actors like Marilyn Monroe and Heath Ledge...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gone Baby Gone Actor Sean Malone Dies Aged 54 Following Coma
- Endangered White Rhino Dies, Leaving Only Four Others Left Alive
- Two Die in Fiery Crash of Passenger Plane at Milwaukee Airport
- Kim Kardashian stars in bizarre new energy drink short film
- Amnesty International's legalized prostitution push turning off celeb supporters
- Ashley Monroe proves her point on 'The Blade'
- Britney Spears Does the Splits in Her Bikini While Hangin' in Hawaii—Take a Look!
- Cecil the Lion Mourned During Nat Geo Wild Event: "It's Our Responsibility to Do Everything We Can"
- Salma Hayek Blasts Donald Trump For Immigration Comments: I Won't Even Say His Name