Posts with tag "lady gaga"
- Posted Jun 1st 2011 at 05:21 PM by AOL Music Editors
Lady Gaga's new 'Born This Way' album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart with 1,108,000 copies sold in its first week. 'Born This Way' had the largest sales week of any album since 2005's 50 Cent album 'The Massacre,' which barely beat Gaga, selling 1,141,000 in its first week. 'Born This Way' is only the 17th album to sell a million copies in one week. 'Born This Way's chart...
- Posted May 27th 2011 at 03:13 PM by AOL TV Editors
Lady Gaga gave her fans the usual spectacle in her performance this morning on 'Good Morning America' (weekdays, 7 AM on ABC), which included several dancers, costumes and gliding over the audience to the stage via a zip line. She stuck around afterward to answer questions from her fans about her music and career. One fan wrote to ask what career Gaga would have pursued if she weren't famous....
- Posted May 26th 2011 at 01:15 AM by AOL Music Editors
Lady Gaga revealed that one of the tracks on her new 'Born This Way' album is about the late, legendary fashion designer Alexander McQueen. Gaga was deeply affected by McQueen's tragic death and her song 'Fashion of His Love' her personal tribute to the couturier. Gaga posted a note on her Twitter page saying, "Fashion Of His Love is about Alexander McQueen." McQueen committed suicide by...
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 02:45 AM by AOL Music Editors
Lady Gaga continued her shock-and-awe 'Born This Way' promotional campaign with an appearance on 'The Late Show With David Letterman' on Monday night during which the pop star grabbed Letterman's script and ate it in front of him. During the 15 unpredictable minutes of back-and-forth, Letterman asked the eccentric artist if it was true that she once ate a Barbie doll's head on stage, to which...
- Posted May 24th 2011 at 02:10 AM by AOL Music Editors
Lady Gaga has revealed that she wrote her second 'Born This Way' single 'Judas' about an ex-lover who left her heartbroken, following the announcement of her split from boyfriend Luc Carl. Gaga was slammed by Catholic groups for the controversial religious themes in the 'Judas' song and music video, but apparently the secularization of the story of the betrayal of Jesus has a very personal back...
- Posted May 23rd 2011 at 06:50 PM by AOL TV Editors
Lady Gaga said today on 'The View' that she was bullied at school as a kid, even though she had a "nice group of friends." It was an experience that has stuck with her as an adult, influenced her decisions and her self-esteem, and even had an effect on how she communicated with her fans. "I don't think I realized how deeply it affected me until I started to become more successful," said Gaga....
- Posted May 22nd 2011 at 09:14 AM by Christine Fenno
Justin Timberlake gave a strong performance hosting the 'Saturday Night Live' season finale this weekend, especially when he reunited with Andy Samberg for a new spoof music video. Featuring cameos by Susan Sarandon and Patricia Clarkson (from the 2009 Timberlake-Samberg duet 'Motherlover'), the new track is the best buddies' funky-fresh ode to the joys of getting freaky in a ménage...
- Posted May 21st 2011 at 02:41 PM by Christine Fenno
Beyonce, prepare to be bowled over. A highlight at this weekend's Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas will undoubtedly be the tribute to honor the pop star with the Millennium Award. And the stage will be overflowing with famous friends saluting her talent. Access Hollywood is reporting that none other than First Lady Michelle Obama will step into the spotlight take part in the tribute. Beyonce...
- Posted May 20th 2011 at 07:50 PM by AOL TV Editors
This weekend, Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga will team up for the most epic 'Saturday Night Live' season finale in recent history. Timberlake is no stranger to the 30 Rock studio, having racked up 11 previous host/guest/cameo appearances over the past 11 years. Gaga's also an 'SNL' vet who made her debut in 2009 alongside Ryan Reynolds. Watch the two superstars team up to tease Saturday's...
- Posted May 20th 2011 at 01:50 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
We knew her songwriting ammo had to come from somewhere and now Lady Gaga is telling all in her forthcoming MTV special 'Lady Gaga: Inside On The Outside.' Mother monster even reminisced about her own days of high school bullying -- and one event in particular that left her feeling like literal rubbish. After meeting up with some high school friends at a local pizzeria, Gaga, then Stefani...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Watch Robert Pattinson's Girlfriend FKA Twigs Dance & Sing in New Commercial
- Tom Colicchio on His Favorite Top Chef Moment
- Mother Who Lost Kids in Christmas Day Fire Tells Oprah She Doesn't Blame God (Video)
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- When Taylor Swift's ?Out of the Woods' meets ?Circle of Life,' everything makes sense
- Watch Air New Zealand's ?Hobbit'-inspired safety video
- Watch the trailer for Ridley Scott's ?Halo: Nightfall'
- Fox News' Kimberly Guilfoyle Says Young Women Should Be Excused From Juries So They Can "Go Back on Tinder"
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Calls Leaked Tape a "Straight Setup," Says She's "More on Hank's Team" Now
- Nikki Bella Does Girls' Night in a Bentley, Ariane Attends Runway Event & More—See the Latest Total Divas Pics!