Posts with tag "larry platt"
- Posted Feb 8th 2010 at 08:22 PM by Sam Brand
The Howard Stern 'American Idol' rumors are no longer just rumors. On Monday, the shock jock addressed the situation on his radio show, saying he'd accept a seat in the judges' booth for the right price. "They'd have to pay me a ton of dough because I already make a ton of dough," Stern said on Monday. That wasn't all he said, though it was probably the least offensive thing that came out of his...
- Posted Jan 19th 2010 at 12:18 PM by Sam Brand
Jimmy Fallon dropped his. Brandon Gray dropped his. Even Brett Favre has dropped his "Pants on the Ground." Larry Platt's 'American Idol' jingle has gone viral, and now we know how the 62-year-old came up with it. In other news, Conan O'Brien is reportedly set to take home a massive payday from NBC. And prolific crime novelist Robert. B. Parker has died. This is What You're Searching For Today......
- Posted Jan 15th 2010 at 11:43 AM by Sam Brand
Late night is big news this week. Jimmy Fallon is grabbing headlines today for a bit he dropped that's totally unrelated to the ongoing Conan vs. NBC saga. Ever want to know what it would sound like if Neil Young were to cover Larry Platt's "Pants on the Ground?" Here's your chance. And here's your chance to see what's up with Wyclef Jean's Yele Foundation (Is Tiger pitching in?), as well as catch...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 10:01 AM by Amber James
No one can deny that General Larry Platt created the best water cooler moment from last night's 'American Idol' auditions. If anybody in the Atlanta crowd deserved 15 minutes of fame on national television, it was Platt. The 62-year-old, who took part in the Civil Rights Veterans Movement in 1963, gave Randy Jackson, Simon Cowell and Kara DioGuardi a comic relief after a long day of auditions when...
Popeater Hot Topics
- 5 Things to Know About World Cup Hero Carli Lloyd
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Are Married
- #IBelieveWeCanWin: Celebrities Cheer Team USA to Victory During the World Cup Final
- Diana Douglas, first wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Stars in stripes
- Illinois city condemns Dick Van Dyke's childhood home