Posts with tag "lars von trier"
- Posted May 21st 2011 at 11:54 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Damage control is underway for Lars von Trier. The Danish director of Kirsten Dunst's latest film made incendiary remarks in Cannes claiming to "sympathize" with Hitler, which got him swiftly banned from the film festival. Now, while von Trier seems to be loving his new status as bad-boy of the fest, he also insists, "I'm not Mel Gibson." As it happens, a rant-free Gibson popped up in Cannes...
- Posted May 19th 2011 at 11:44 AM by Elizabeth Yun
Following some rather colorful remarks from controversial Danish director Lars von Trier, the Cannes Film Festival declared him a persona non grata on Thursday (May 19), according to The Hollywood Reporter. Von Trier raised more than a few eyebrows when he made some off-the-cuff comments at the press conference for his new film 'Melancholia' starring Kirsten Dunst and Charlotte Gainsbourg. A ve...
- Posted May 18th 2011 at 11:45 PM by Jo Piazza
Danish director Lars von Trier was on a roll on Wednesday at the press conference for his new flick 'Melancholia,' which opened at the Cannes Film Festival. Not only did he claim he was a Nazi sympathizer (he later apologized) and tell reporters he wanted to make a hardcore porn with his leading lady Kirsten Dunst, he also threw Dunst under the bus about her battle with depression. Explaining t...
- Posted May 18th 2011 at 11:35 AM by John Mitchell
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Troublemakers -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Kirsten Dunst
From Moviefone: Notorious wallflower Lars von Trier, director of acclaimed indies like 'Dogville,' 'Dancer in the Dark' and 'Antichrist,' did what he does best at the Cannes Film Festival press conference for his latest film 'Melancholia,' "a beautiful movie about the end of the world" starring Kirsten Dunst, Kiefer Sutherland and Alexander Skarsgard. And by that we mean he caused a ruckus by sayi...
Popeater Hot Topics
- ACM nominations announced, Miranda Lambert leads with 8
- George Lucas: Today's movies have no substance
- Katy Perry: I have some tricks up my sleeve for the Super Bowl
- Which Saturday Night Live Veteran Is Returning to the Show for the First Time in 30 Years?
- Shakira Gives Birth to a Baby Boy, Her Second Child With Gerard Piqué: Find Out His Name!
- Super Bowl XLIX by the Numbers: We're About to Eat 1.4 Billion Chicken Wings—and Bet How Much Money?