Posts with tag "leave it to beaver"
- Posted Oct 20th 2010 at 03:11 PM by Nick Belardes
Pop-Ed: If you were a child of the 1970s like I was, you can't forget what your mom and dad aspired to be: Iconic TV parents. Memories first came rushing back when Barbara Billingsley, who played June Cleaver on 'Leave It to Beaver' (1957-1963), died on Oct. 16. And then, on Oct. 19, Tom Bosley, Mr. Cunningham from 'Happy Days' (1974-1984), also passed. It doesn't matter that the two shows...
- Posted Oct 17th 2010 at 08:04 AM by Christine Fenno
Barbara Billingsley, who played iconic 1950's mom June Cleaver on 'Leave it to Beaver,' died early Saturday morning at the age of 94, reports CNN. A family spokesperson confirmed that Billingsley -- who was born in Los Angeles in 1915 and began her career as a model in New York City before her big break on 'Leave it Beaver' -- passed away in her Santa Monica, Calif., home after a long illness....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Saturday Night Live's Michael Che Blasts Bill Cosby: 'Pull Your Damn Pants Up'
- Watch the American Music Awards Red Carpet Live Right Here
- Miley Cyrus Celebrates 22nd Birthday with Beau Patrick Schwarzenegger
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week