Posts with tag "leave it to beaver"
- Posted Oct 20th 2010 at 03:11 PM by Nick Belardes
Pop-Ed: If you were a child of the 1970s like I was, you can't forget what your mom and dad aspired to be: Iconic TV parents. Memories first came rushing back when Barbara Billingsley, who played June Cleaver on 'Leave It to Beaver' (1957-1963), died on Oct. 16. And then, on Oct. 19, Tom Bosley, Mr. Cunningham from 'Happy Days' (1974-1984), also passed. It doesn't matter that the two shows...
- Posted Oct 17th 2010 at 08:04 AM by Christine Fenno
Barbara Billingsley, who played iconic 1950's mom June Cleaver on 'Leave it to Beaver,' died early Saturday morning at the age of 94, reports CNN. A family spokesperson confirmed that Billingsley -- who was born in Los Angeles in 1915 and began her career as a model in New York City before her big break on 'Leave it Beaver' -- passed away in her Santa Monica, Calif., home after a long illness. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Inside JFK's Cool Dad Moment - After John Jr.'s White House Jungle Gym Fall
- PEOPLE Exclusive: Kendra Wilkinson Reveals Why She Can't Really Have a Six-Pack Right Now
- 15 Foods You Never Thought to Grill - But Should
- Ava DuVernay Not Directing Black Panther Movie, Starring Chadwick Boseman—Find Out Why!
- Kate Hudson Sings the National Anthem for Independence Day and Does an Amazing Job—Watch!
- Kylie Jenner Steps Out in Chic Red Mini Dress Before Fourth of July Holiday—See the Photo!