Posts with tag "lil wayne"
- Posted Sep 28th 2010 at 07:00 PM by PopEater Staff
No matter how you feel about President Barack Obama, it's still surprising to learn the leader of the free world listens to Nas and Lil Wayne. President Obama is updating his iPod playlist these days and getting a little more gangster with his music, he admitted in an interview with Rolling Stone. "Thanks to Reggie [Love, the president's personal aide], my rap palate has greatly improved,"...
- Posted Jul 13th 2010 at 04:33 PM by Jason Newman
As anyone who even casually follows celebrity crime knows, there can be a Grand Canyon-sized disparity between the sentence a star receives and the actual time served. Perennial court-attender and 'Herbie Fully Loaded' actress Lindsay Lohan was recently sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating her probation in a DUI case. Rob Shuter already discussed Lohan's plan to avoid prison, but if she does...
- Posted Apr 5th 2010 at 01:00 PM by PopEater Staff
It's been all quiet on the Lil Wayne front since he entered prison in March, but he returned to the Web on Friday with his new blog, weezythanxyou.com. "During my prison stint, I want my fans to know I love you. I want all of you to know that I appreciate all the mail I get, and this is my way of saying thank you," Weezy writes. Although he's behind bars for another -- hold on, let us check the...
- Posted Mar 2nd 2010 at 08:00 AM by PopEater Staff
In just a few hours, Lil Wayne will start serving a year-long prison sentence for a criminal weapons possession charge. While the media speculates about the treatment the 27-year-old rap megastar will receive in jail, we have to wonder: How's the time behind bars going to affect the career of the prolific artist, who recorded his first hit at age 15 and released the bestselling album of 2008, 'Tha...
- Posted Feb 10th 2010 at 01:16 AM by Sam Brand
What a week it's been for Lil Wayne. The New Orleans native celebrated a Saints Super Bowl victory. He celebrated what he thought would be his last days of freedom before spending up to a year behind bars. He shot nine music videos in 48 hours. And he was granted an adjournment of his prison sentence for weapons possession after he showed up to his hearing with a messed up mouth. Talk about...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 12:42 AM by Sam Brand
We are still the world if Quincy Jones and an all-star squad of contemporary music stars have anything to sing about it. On Monday, Jones, Lionel Richie and Wyclef assembled what appears to be the entire VIP section from Sunday night's Grammys to re-record the monster selling single ($63 Million in sales!). Can "We Are The World – 25 For Haiti" bring home that kind of bacon in the Internet...
- Posted Feb 1st 2010 at 11:29 AM by Amber James
Between all the amazing performances, tributes and awards, celebrities took time to have fun with their famous friends (and idols) at the 2010 Grammy Awards. Uploading backstage photos to Twitter, stars shared the fun stuff we didn't see on TV. At right, Weird Al Yankovic made sure to capture his wife's "blinging" sparkles next to 'American Idol' runner-up, Adam Lambert. "Oh, snap! My wife just...
- Posted Dec 19th 2009 at 08:27 AM by PopEater Staff
Lil' Wayne got into a bit of trouble Friday night when he and his crew were briefly detained by border patrol agents who found marijuana on one of the rapper's tour buses. According to reports, the buses were stopped about 90 miles east of Laredo, where he was slated to perform Friday night. That show was postponed. It's unclear why they were stopped, but drug dogs smelled pot on one of the...
- Posted Dec 8th 2009 at 12:47 AM by Sam Brand
Wondering why "How Old Is Dolly Parton," "Wakey!Wakey!," "Heisman Finalists," and "Nicki Minage on 106 and Park" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight......
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 11:30 AM by Amber James
Shakira released her new album 'She Wolf' on Nov. 23, and PopEater was lucky enough to sit down with her for an exclusive interview. During her visit to Manhattan, Shakira opened up about working with Lil' Wayne on her new single 'Give It Up To Me,' how she's measuring her success following 'Hips Don't Lie' and her latest obsession: backup dancers. Watch PopEater's 2-part interview with Shakira...
Popeater Hot Topics
- American Idol Sends Home a Top 12 Contestant
- Indian Acid Attack Survivor Finds Love - and a Job as a TV News Anchor
- Cameron Diaz Talks Racy Sex Tape Scenes with Jason Segel: 'We Had Each Other's Backs'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Khloe Kardashian: What happened to her face?
- ?Booger' brings back all things 'Nerd' for a whole new generation
- ?Reign' react: The royal wedding
- ?American Idol' 2014 results: The Top 12
- Miley Cyrus calls out Katy Perry on Twitter over concert kissing controversy
- Scandal's Steamy Makeout, The Vampire Diaries Loses Two Fan Favorites and More OMG TV Moments!
- American Idol Elimination: Find Out Who Was Voted Off—Plus, Harry Connick Jr. Defends His "Harsh" Critiques
- Amber Heard Flashes Ring While on the Red Carpet With Fiancé Johnny Depp