Posts with tag "lisa niemi"
- Posted Sep 14th 2010 at 02:10 PM by PopEater Staff
It's been an uphill climb for Patrick Swayze's wife, actress Lisa Niemi, since her universally-loved husband passed away a year ago, but things are starting to look up. "In some ways I look at the anniversary and think, 'It's either going to knock me down or it's going to make me stronger," Niemi told PEOPLE. "And I know I'm stronger now. The fact that I've had some good days definitely gives ...
- Posted Apr 9th 2010 at 11:00 AM by Zach Dionne
Almost seven months after Patrick Swayze's death, Lisa Niemi, his widow and co-writer of the marriage-centric autobiography 'The Time of My Life,' spoke to the UK's Times Online, detailing her life with the 'Dirty Dancing' star and her difficult grieving process. The interview is a unique opportunity to hear such an in-depth testimony from Niemi -- though she and Swayze penned the retrospective ...
- Posted Oct 31st 2009 at 09:21 AM by PopEater Staff
Speaking out for the first time on television since the death of her husband Patrick Swayze, Lisa Niemi, the 'Dirty Dancing' star's wife of 34 years is opening up to Oprah Winfrey about her loss. Niemi, who married Swayze while both were still in their 20s, says that when Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, "it was mind numbing." She goes on to tell Winfrey that "you think you're going ...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 07:14 AM by PopEater Staff
Lisa Niemi, Patrick Swayze's wife of 34 years, told a women's conference Tuesday that the loss of her husband just six weeks ago "is like an animal all of its own" and the sadness could be felt "on a cellular level." PEOPLE reports that Niemi spoke in a roundtable on Grief, Healing and Resilience at the Women's Conference 2009 in Long Beach, California. Niemi told the attendees, "When the ...
- Posted Oct 27th 2009 at 05:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Patrick Swayze's wife Lisa Niemi will give the first one-on-one interview since her husband's death on the Oprah Winfrey Show this Friday, PEOPLE reports. Swayze passed away at age 57 this September after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Niemi, his wife of 34 years, will open up to Oprah about their life together, and what it was like to lose him. She will also discuss the book they ...
- Posted Sep 30th 2009 at 04:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Patrick Swayze's intense battles with alcohol and depression nearly cost him his marriage earlier this decade, the late actor reveals for the first time in his book 'The Time of My Life,' released Tuesday. His struggle with drink had long been a strain on his wife of 34 years, Lisa Niemi. In the book, he recounts a 10-year period spent drinking "copious amounts of alcohol" and later a 1993 ...
- Posted Sep 15th 2009 at 05:12 PM by PopEater Staff
Relatively few Hollywood marriages stand the test of time, so when one comes along that so clearly exudes love and sincerity, you tend to take notice. Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi were one such couple, and their 34-year marriage was a lesson in dedication and survival through good times and bad. They led a relatively quiet life together -- for years spending most of their time at his horse ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar Jokes: I 'Slave Away' to Afford a Nanny
- Paula Deen: I Used the N-Word, but Don't Condone Racism
- Meet the Ecstatic Schoolgirl Who Photographed Princes William & Harry
- Break Time: Courtney Stodden follows Farrah Abraham, films breast englarment
- Which celebrity is the worst role model for kids?
- Celebrity scale: Better skinny or curvy?
- James Franco writes the most ridiculous superhero article ever. We have some concerns.
- ?Veronica Mars' filming has begun! 5 things we can't wait to see
- Official ?Star Wars: Episode VII' character breakdowns released: Commence theorizing!