Posts with tag "mackenzie phillips"
- Posted Jun 26th 2011 at 12:02 PM by Christine Fenno
Move over, Dr. Drew. After years as an actress with harrowing substance abuse battles, and a recent memoir detailing incest in her family, former 'One Day at a Time' star Mackenzie Phillips is reportedly seeking a fresh start with a new career: addiction counselor. This weekend, sources tell TMZ that Phillips, 51, is approximately half-way done with a certification program that would pave the w...
- Posted Feb 15th 2010 at 04:33 PM by PopEater Staff
Chynna Phillips, the half-sister of Mackenzie Phillips, checked herself into rehab for anxiety, her manager tells PEOPLE. "After much thoughtful deliberation, Chynna Phillips has checked herself into an undisclosed treatment facility for anxiety," her manager said in a statement. "With the full support of her family and friends, she is looking forward to her recovery. We ask that people respect...
- Posted Feb 6th 2010 at 08:01 AM by Caitlin McCormack
- Filed under:
- Quips & Quotes
In this day of celebrity entourages and PR protection, it's rare for a star to make a false statement. But Hollywood is nowhere near perfect and every so often its peeps will make an off-colour comment or reveal more than they intended to. We keep you informed of the most noteworthy Tinseltown talk with our weekly installment of celebrity Quips & Quotes. This week, Mackenzie Phillips ...
- Posted Feb 3rd 2010 at 07:28 AM by PopEater Staff
Mackenzie Phillips is now claiming that the incestuous relationship she had with her father, The Mamas & The Papas singer John Phillips, was not consensual. During Tuesday's taping of HLN's 'Joy Behar Show,' Phillips rescinds her previous claims. "I'd like to reframe my word consensual," Phillips said. "As I was writing the book, I thought, this word, it kept sitting wrong with me. But I used ...
- Posted Dec 16th 2009 at 01:37 PM by Scott Harris
In Hollywood, people are often judged less by the content of their character and more by the content of their wallet. Stars have taken to buying up ever more ostentatious items in order to best display their wealth for all to see. Jay Leno, for instance, owns a fleet of rare and vintage automobiles. John Travolta doesn't just own his own jet, he owns a Boeing 707. And Oprah Winfrey? Well, Oprah ow...
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 11:59 PM by Jo Piazza
Thanksgiving is a time of turkey and stuffing, football and family drama. And at PopEater we like to maximize that drama. So we got to thinking, what if we could bring together our favorite 2009 Hollywood disasters at one dinner table? Who would sit next to who? Whatever would they talk about? PopEater creates the ultimate Thanksgiving seating chart for our boldfaced fantasy Thanksgiving, with som...
- Posted Oct 31st 2009 at 10:00 AM by Brenna Ehrlich
First Mackenzie Phillips tells us she was keeping it in the family with her Mamas & the Papas papa, then it turns out David Letterman was mixing business with a whole lot of pleasure. Celebrity sex scandals have taken a weird turn this fall, and that's saying a lot -- it takes a heck of a gossip mag-scorcher to knock Joe America out of his cozy La-Z-boy. Still, sex scandals have been de rig...
- Posted Oct 28th 2009 at 11:00 AM by Jo Piazza
Andre Agassi recently revealed that he played tennis on meth in his about-to-hit-shelves book "Open." With his book and other stars' reveals, any celebrity working on their memoirs might as well just hang up their pens right now. That is unless they've been abducted by aliens, made their own meth lab or had sex with their dad because audiences are just going to yawn and say "been there done that."...
- Posted Oct 4th 2009 at 07:00 PM by Jo Piazza
Mackenzie Phillips just keeps going and going and going ... It's been almost two weeks since Mackenzie Phillips dropped the bombshell that she carried on a ten-year incestuous affair with her father John Phillips. In the past ten days, there have been plenty of emotions from the public, starting with shock and horror followed by a voracious need for more details. We also watched as members o...
- Posted Sep 28th 2009 at 10:00 AM by Soraya Roberts
- Filed under:
- Pop, Eh?
Who knew that a piece of furniture would ever become a cure-all for Hollywood's ailments? Sigmund Freud may have used his couch to help improve his patients' mental health, but the intimate setting of his office was always one of the elements required to get well. In only two decades, 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' has taken therapy from an intimate setting into the world of network television, and Ti...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ever Wonder Where the Property Brothers Live?
- History-Making Les Misérables Actor Kyle Jean-Baptiste Has Died at 21
- 'The Boat That Saved 400': How One Man Saved Hundreds of Lives During the Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Marine asks Ronda Rousey to Marine Corps Ball
- Nick Jonas Can't Stop Singing Frozen's "Let It Go" During Demi Lovato Concert—Watch Now!
- Giuliana Rancic Celebrates Duke's Third Birthday With Bill Rancic: "You Will Always Be My Baby"
- Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck Both Seen Without Wedding Rings, 2 Months After Split—See Pics and Timeline