Posts with tag "mad men"
- Posted Aug 22nd 2010 at 09:37 AM by PopEater Staff
As producer of 'Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution' on ABC, Ryan Seacrest branched out this year from his hosting duties on Fox's 'American Idol,' and the TV Academy has recognized him for it. At the Creative Arts Emmys ceremony last night in Los Angeles, Seacrest and a host of other television stars scored trophies in categories that are traditionally awarded the weekend before the primetime Emmys...
- Posted Aug 15th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Rebecca Macatee
It can't be easy sharing the screen with a Marilyn Monroe-esque sexpot and an elegant Grace Kelly lookalike. But somehow, actress Elisabeth Moss brings depth and charm to Mad Men's unlikely heroine, Peggy Olson. Peggy's journey from passive secretary to respected copywriter isn't picture perfect. She fights the prejudices of her chauvinistic male coworkers, struggling to prove that she and her...
- Posted Aug 13th 2010 at 05:01 PM by PopEater Staff
'Mad Men' star Elisabeth Moss and 'Saturday Night Live' funnyman Fred Armisen have called it quits. The couple, who tied the knot 10 months ago, separated in May, according to Life & Style. "They have been having trouble for a while. Both want to stay friends, but at the moment that is proving very hard," a friend close to the pair reveals to PopEater. "Friends fear they fell in love...
- Posted Aug 8th 2010 at 09:00 AM by Jo Piazza
What is it going to take Don Draper? What is it going to take for me to stop swooning over you? The incessant infidelities in season one didn't seem to do the trick. That's what men did in the fifties right? It just meant their wives had to do less work. And the whole lying about your past thing? Who doesn't like to make their childhood seem better than it was? When I was in fifth grade I...
- Posted Aug 6th 2010 at 11:00 PM by Ben Trivett
EXCLUSIVE: Ever wonder who takes a great cast and turns them into Don Draper and Joan Harris? Well we caught up with one of 'em -- Frank Ockenfels 3, an LA-based photographer responsible for more of the film posters and television stills then we can count. PopEater spoke with him about his great work with the cast of 'Mad Men,' arguably one of the best ensembles ever. Check out what he had to...
- Posted Aug 3rd 2010 at 03:30 PM by The Editors of StyleList
British GQ is seeing red on its blazing cover featuring 'Mad Men' sex symbol Christina Hendricks. Armed with a pair of gardening shears, the flame-haired beauty smolders in a curve-hugging red dress on the cover of the magazine's September issue. Inside, Hendricks flaunts her voluptuous figure in a pinup-style navy robe and bustier and talks about the show's sexy wardrobe, which has helped...
- Posted Aug 2nd 2010 at 12:30 PM by The Editors of StyleList
Curves are so in on 'Mad Men' that some actresses from the show have been warned to stay away from the gym. StyleList reports that January Jones -- who plays troubled housewife Betty Draper on the hit AMC series -- tells the new issue of Tatler magazine that 'Mad Men' creator Matthew Weiner has warned her and fellow castmates Christina Hendricks and Elisabeth Moss to avoid hitting the gym so...
- Posted Jul 29th 2010 at 06:43 PM by PopEater Staff
Some people associate actor John Hamm with his philandering character on 'Mad Men,' Don Draper. But in a new interview with Parade Magazine, he clears up any misconception--while he might not want to get married any time soon, he only has eyes for girlfriend, actress Jennifer Westfeldt. "I don't have the marriage chip, and neither of us have the greatest examples of marriages in our families....
- Posted Jul 25th 2010 at 09:45 AM by Denise Warner
The fourth season of 'Mad Men' premieres in just a few hours (10 PM on AMC), and we can hardly stand the wait. PopEater was lucky enough to talk to star Rich Sommer, who plays Harry Crane -- Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce's head of media -- and he is just as enthused about the upcoming episodes as we are. "I'm excited to finally get it out there. We've been sitting on it for so long. It pains...
- Posted Jul 23rd 2010 at 02:19 PM by PopEater Staff
TIME's 10 Questions series took on Jon Hamm, in the lead-up to the fourth season premiere of the star's AMC series 'Mad Men' this Sunday night. Asked about his style versus that of iconic '60s ad-man doppelganger Don Draper, Hamm said, "My personal style is not quite up to snuff with 'Mad Men.'" Although he did admit he puts more thought into dressing up. "The difference between a nice suit and...
Popeater Hot Topics
- The American Music Awards, as Told in GIFs
- The 3 Sweetest Behind-the-Scenes Moments at the AMAs
- All the American Music Awards Winners
- One Direction, Katy Perry each win three American Music Awards
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- 2014 American Music Awards Highlights: Jennifer Lopez's "Booty," Jessie J's Star-Studded Dance Party and More!
- Jennifer Lopez's "Booty" Performance Was the Perfect Way to Close the 2014 American Music Awards
- 2014 American Music Awards: Complete List of Winners!