Posts with tag "matt lauer"
- Posted Jun 8th 2011 at 09:55 AM by PopEater Staff
Meredith Vieira signed off from 'TODAY' for the last time Wednesday morning after five years on the job. The co-host of the NBC program decided in April to leave the show, passing the baton to colleague Anne Curry. "It's tough. It's a hard one. Very mixed emotions. I'm looking at everybody right here and wishing I ... no, I know it's right, but it's hard," Vieira said at the top of her last...
- Posted Apr 13th 2011 at 09:16 AM by Rob Shuter
Katie Couric appeared on the 'TODAY' show Wednesday morning "a little older and no wiser," she said. It was obvious from the second her interview with former co-host Matt Lauer began that they still have a dynamic and unbeatable chemistry. "If this was an audition for a new talk show, then they both would get the job," one TV executive tells me. "They just have it. From the moment they sat...
- Posted Apr 6th 2011 at 06:30 PM by AOL TV Editors
First Meredith Vieira, now Matt Lauer. Reports are surfacing that the longtime anchor will soon leave NBC's 'Today.' According to 'Entertainment Tonight,' Lauer will leave the top-rated daytime show when his contract is up. However, don't panic just yet -- Lauer's under contract until Dec. 31, 2012. NBC issued the following statement to the New York Post regarding the possible departure of...
- Posted Jan 10th 2011 at 04:45 PM by John Mitchell
Michael Douglas' cancer is in complete remission, the Academy Award-winning actor tells Matt Lauer. "The odds are, with the tumor gone and what I know about this particular type of cancer, that I've got it beat," Douglas says in his first television interview since undergoing several weeks of chemotherapy and radiation treatment last fall to treat stage 4 throat cancer. The sit-down will air in...
- Posted Nov 12th 2010 at 10:55 AM by Zach Dionne
In today's least surprising news, Kanye West won't be returning to the 'Today' show, no matter what Matt Lauer says. Yesterday Lauer stood by an increasingly notorious interview that grievously upset West, saying there was nothing "improper" or "unusual" about the segment. Lauer closed on a conciliatory note, saying, "We look forward to Kanye's return for a special live concert on the plaza on...
- Posted Nov 11th 2010 at 12:45 PM by Zach Dionne
Kanye West had a Twitter meltdown yesterday surrounding a taped appearance on the 'Today' show. This morning, we got to see what all the fuss was about. In a fairly standard interview, Matt Lauer asks West about his "George Bush doesn't care about black people" line from 2005 and the Taylor Swift-VMA incident that got cries of racism flipped on Kanye himself. While producers ran a clip of...
- Posted Aug 27th 2010 at 10:55 AM by Ashley Iasimone
Katy Perry brought 'California Gurls' and more to New York on the 'Today' show on Aug. 27. After opening her set with the first single from her latest album, she performed 'Teenage Dream' and 'I Kissed a Girl.' Between song performances, Perry was asked about her engagement to actor Russell Brand. But the pop star seemed to be more concerned about another man who was missing from the scene. "He...
- Posted May 27th 2010 at 03:50 PM by PopEater Staff
First Alexis Houston, a 26-year-old singer, held a sidewalk press conference denying an affair with alleged adulterer Matt Lauer, lawyering up with Gloria Allred, who also represents many of the women affiliated with Tiger Woods, Jesse James and Roman Polanski. Now, the New York Post is reporting that Alexis Houston was once known as Wellington Houston, a man Whitney Houston sued in 1996 for...
- Posted May 13th 2010 at 10:05 PM by PopEater Staff
Matt Lauer and his wife Annette aren't happy about all the cheating and separation rumors flying around about their marriage. In an effort to quiet the storm, both Lauer and his wife contacted PEOPLE to deny rumors and accusations that he'd moved out or cheated. The 'Today' co-host called from France, where he is currently covering the Cannes Film Festival. "I am living in my apartment with...
- Posted May 13th 2010 at 11:13 AM by PopEater Staff
'Today Show' host Matt Lauer has reportedly moved out of his house after his wife of 12 years accused him of cheating while he was covering the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, The National Enquirer reports. The paper reports that Lauer's wife, Annette Roque, accused him of "fooling around during 'Today's' on-site coverage of the Olympics in Vancouver" and that Lauer "went wild" while in Canada. He...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Michael Phelps Arrested for DUI: Report
- NBC Sports' Josh Elliott Engaged to Liz Cho
- Amal Alamuddin's Wedding Gown and Jewelry: All the Details! (PHOTO)
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young left band due to dementia
- 'Jeopardy' slammed on social media for 'sexist' category
- Blake Shelton grows up on new album 'Bringing Back the Sunshine'
- New Banksy artwork appears in English seaside town
- Why Kirby v. Marvel mattered
- You need to watch ?The Simpsons' premiere's insane opening sequence
- Nikki Bella and Brie Bella Get Into an Unusual Fight Outside the Ring—Watch the Deleted Total Divas Clip!
- Student Who Petitioned to Have His Cat in His Yearbook Photo Got What He Wanted, and Then Some
- Kendall Jenner, Gisele Bündchen & Cara Delevingne March at Chanel's Feminist Rally Fashion Show