Posts with tag "michaeljackson"
- Posted Nov 23rd 2009 at 06:40 AM by PopEater Staff
The King of Pop is still winning awards and setting records doing it. But while Michael Jackson won a record four posthumous awards, he couldn't beat Taylor Swift for top honors at Sunday night's American Music Awards. The 19-year-old was named the year's favorite artist, giving Jackson his only loss of the night, and giving her five trophies in all. "Music has never been ultimately about...
- Posted Nov 22nd 2009 at 10:59 PM by Liz Colville
Taylor Swift tied Michael Jackson with the most wins at the 2009 American Music Awards in Los Angeles Sunday night, capping off a total of four wins with the biggest honor of the night, Artist of the Year. Michael Jackson, Eminem, Lady Gaga and Kings of Leon were also nominated for the award. In her acceptance speech, transmitted live from London where she was rehearsing for a performance...
- Posted Nov 22nd 2009 at 09:15 PM by Liz Colville
Michael Jackson set a record at the American Music Awards at Los Angeles' Nokia Theater Sunday night with his second win of the evening. The late singer scooped up Favorite Male Artist in the Pop/Rock category, which brings his total number of AMAs to 23, the most by any single artist. The late singer was up against Eminem and T.I. in the category. Melissa Etheridge presented the award and...
- Posted Nov 22nd 2009 at 09:23 AM by PopEater Staff
The most famous glove in the world also happens to be the most expensive. Michael Jackson's rhinestone-studded white accessory worn during the moonwalk seen 'round the world (at Motown's 25th anniversary special), was purchased by a Hong Kong businessman on Saturday for $350,000. Plus tax. The glove was the highlight of an auction featuring other King of Pop items at the Hard Rock Cafe in Times...
- Posted Nov 21st 2009 at 10:30 AM by PopEater Staff
Investigators want to be thorough before deciding whether or not to arrest Dr. Conrad Murray in the death of Michael Jackson, PEOPLE reports. "A decision (on whether to prosecute) will be made in 2010. It is not going to be made this year," LAPD Commander Patrick Gannon says....
- Posted Nov 19th 2009 at 01:01 PM by Sam Brand
- Filed under:
- Adam Lambert
Wondering why 'Janet Jackson Interview,' 'Elizabeth Lambert,' and 'Carmen Electra Sex Video' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' today......
- Posted Nov 19th 2009 at 10:50 AM by Melissa Daniels
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Music News -
- Celebrity Deaths -
- Celebrity Scandal -
A few years ago, young children listening to Michael Jackson tunes might have been something their parents would warn them about. Given the accusations that arose about his relationships with children in the 90s, some parents might not want the iconic pop star to be one of their kid's favorites. But as Jackson's death has shown us this year, the final farewell is a transformational step in...
- Posted Nov 18th 2009 at 05:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Gerard Butler playfully imitated a famous Michael Jackson moment at his London hotel on Wednesday. Butler wrapped a potted plant with a towel and dangled it outside his window -- the same way the King of Pop dangled his newborn son Blanket. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right? ...
- Posted Nov 18th 2009 at 10:41 AM by PopEater Staff
In an interview with ABC's Robin Roberts, Janet Jackson opens up about her late brother Michael Jackson's death, and how the family tried to help the King of Pop through his drug addiction. "Of course, that's what you do. Those are the things that you do when you love someone. You can't just let them continue on that way. And we did a few times. We weren't very successful," she tells Roberts...
- Posted Nov 18th 2009 at 07:09 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Music News
Evan Chandler -- the father of Jordan Chandler, who accused Michael Jackson of molesting him -- was found dead early this month of a gunshot wound to the head, the New York Post reports. The 65-year-old former dentist was discovered in his Jersey City apartment with a .38-caliber revolver in his hand, officials say. The building's concierge found the body. No note has been found, but police...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicky Hilton Shows Off Her (Giant) Engagement Ring (PHOTO)
- Adrian Peterson and the NFL's Struggle with Off-Field Violence
- Julianne Moore's Never Going Blonde (or Trying a Juice Cleanse) Again
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album