Posts with tag "music"
- Posted Feb 7th 2011 at 05:06 PM by Nicki Gostin
Blaine Morris, the sexy lesbian behind Betty Nardone on MTV's controversial new series 'Skins,' is an 18-year-old New Jersey native, who is downright nonplussed by all the hullabaloo. A musical theater performer throughout high school, Morris had only just a couple TV commercials under her belt when 'Skins' creator and head writer Bryan Elsley asked her to audition for a role. Morris talked wit...
- Posted Nov 12th 2010 at 12:01 PM by Sarah Crow
Over a year after his untimely passing, Michael Jackson is still cranking out singles. The King of Pop's latest posthumous venture is a collaboration with Akon entitled 'Hold My Hand,' Reuters reports. An unfinished copy of the 2007 song was leaked on the internet in 2008, but fans will be able to purchase the finished work as it was meant to be heard starting Monday. "The world was not ready t...
- Posted Nov 11th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Sarah Crow
While rumors have been swirling about the reason for Demi Lovato's recent admission to rehab, one thing is for sure -- she's on the mend. Recent reports alleging that the star is suffering from a cocaine addiction have been shot down by her rep, who says, "Demi Lovato is not in treatment for drug or alcohol addiction," The Disney star's father, Patrick, tells Radar Online that Demi is "doing...
- Posted Apr 26th 2010 at 08:51 AM by PopEater Staff
Melissa Etheridge and her wife, Tammy, have publicly announced their separation, but it seems as though the battle between the two has just begun. Following Melissa's appearance on 'Oprah,' during which the singer said that the split was "as mutual as those things can be," her soon-to-be ex took to her blog to insinuate that Etheridge wasn't telling the whole truth....
- Posted Apr 22nd 2010 at 01:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Billy Joel may be pop royalty, but he's reportedly been lax about paying royalties to the people who helped him get to the top. According to Reuters, Liberty Devitto, who served as Joel's main drummer from 1975 to 2005, was never paid royalties for the 11 albums he recorded with the piano man. Devitto, who played on some of Joel's most popular albums, including 'The Stranger' and '52nd Street,'...
- Posted Nov 19th 2009 at 01:13 PM by Amy Wilkinson
A city by any other name certainly isn't as sweet. Just ask Bruce Springsteen. Last week (on Friday the 13th, fittingly enough) The Boss mistakenly name-checked Ohio during an Auburn Hills, Michigan concert. The 60-year-old rocker referred to the Buckeye State several times during the show's first 30 minutes before guitarist Steve Van Zandt whispered the correct locale in his ear. A sheepish Sp...
- Posted Nov 12th 2009 at 09:31 PM by Laura Ferreiro
It seems that everywhere you turn, Jay-Z's ode to New York, 'Empire State of Mind,' is being played at top volume, not just by fans but also by Jay-Z himself. The rap star performed it with Alicia Keys at Game 2 of the World Series at Yankee Stadium last month, and used it to close out the NYC-based MTV Video Music Awards. What's more, Bono introduced him as "the Mayor of New York" when he perf...
- Posted Nov 6th 2009 at 11:00 AM by Jo Piazza
The swine flu has brought a lot of things to a lot of people (fever, fear, phlegm), but who knew that a quadruple reassortant virus could help musicians sell albums. In what at first glance seemed like unfortunate timing, Boyz II Men singer Shawn Stockman was struck ill by the virus last week. But the upside was that all of a sudden everyone became all interested in Boyz II Men again and handil...
- Posted Nov 5th 2009 at 02:21 PM by Jo Piazza
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Celebrity Fights -
- Music News -
- Troublemakers -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Chris Brown
Doesn't it feel like the whole world wants to hold Rihanna's hand today? Well except for Chris Brown, who is still finding new ways to smack a girl down from afar. After her tearful chat with Diane Sawyer this morning where Rihanna admitted she went back to Chris again and again and talked about how ashamed she was of herself for not being strong enough to leave an abusive relationship, women (and...
- Posted Sep 24th 2009 at 09:51 AM by PopEater Staff
British songstress Lily Allen says she's getting out of the music game thanks to all of the piracy that's plaguing the industry. Several British newspapers are reporting that Allen made the announcement on her anti-piracy blog It's Not Alright, though PopEater has been unable to find the specific post. According to the newspapers reporting on the Allen story, the 'Smile' singer says she hasn't ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Barack Obama and David Letterman Plan Their Retirement Together on Late Show
- Solange Knowles's Met Gala Gown Is Not to Be Missed
- Garth Brooks talks uncertain future at Sony
- Melissa Rivers: Joan Rivers' death '100 percent preventable'
- Catch a glimpse of Adam Driver and Lupita Nyong'o in 'Star Wars'
- Gotham Season Finale Shocker: How Did Jada Pinkett Smith Exit the Fox Show?
- Kim Kardashian's Met Gala Dress Looks Awfully Similar to Beyoncé's Classic Look—See for Yourself!
- Robert Pattinson & FKA twigs Make Their First Red Carpet Appearance Together at the 2015 Met Gala—Take a Look!