Posts with tag "music video"
- Posted Nov 7th 2010 at 02:30 PM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: When people talk MTV, they make it sound like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde tale. Jekyll was the 1980s-to-late-1990s MTV, when it was still called "music television" and was about one thing only -- music. The impact it had on musicians' careers was revolutionary, and it made artists like Michael Jackson transform from pop star to legend. Mr. Hyde is what you see today, a network without an...
- Posted Sep 15th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Steven Avalos
Kanye West's next move after his triumphant and expletive-laden VMA comeback performance? A 40-minute music video, naturally. West -- whose previous video, 'Power,' was uncharacteristically short -- describes his newest creation to NY Mag as "the story of a phoenix fallen to Earth" who becomes his girlfriend before she is discriminated against and burns herself alive to escape the criticism. Sound...
- Posted Aug 6th 2010 at 11:00 AM by Steven Avalos
Eminem and Rihanna's monster hit 'Love the Way You Lie,' which currently sits atop the Billboard charts, now has a star-studded video, with Megan Fox and Dominic Monaghan ('Lost') playing a dysfunctional couple whose contentious romance turns combustible with the flick of a switch -- or rather a match. Rihanna, who's no stranger to issues of domestic violence, recently told Access Hollywood...
- Posted Aug 6th 2010 at 06:30 AM by Steven Avalos
Kanye West's new music video, 'Power,' is here and it's every bit as mesmerizing as we had previously hoped. The Marco Brambilla-directed video, which Kanye describes as a "painting," depicts the end of an empire (likely a reference to Kanye's fall from grace after last year's VMA incident). The clip, at less than two minutes, features plenty of religious iconography, giving it the feel of the...
- Posted Aug 5th 2010 at 03:45 PM by Steven Avalos
It's official: Kanye West is back! After a long period of seclusion following the Incident-That-Must-Not-Be-Named last fall (resulting in a large-scale backlash against the rapper), Kanye has reemerged with a new single, 'Power,' a groundbreaking music video on the way and, most importantly, his newly-minted and endlessly enjoyable Twitter account. Kanye, who's no stranger to grandiose,...
- Posted Aug 3rd 2010 at 03:10 PM by Steven Avalos
Ke$ha is back with a colorful new music video for her single 'Take It Off' -- a song that's sure to dominate the charts as it lodges itself in your brain for the next three months. Continuing a common narrative in her videos, Ke$ha and a pack of her closest nomadic friends take over a desert motel and proceed to have a "dirty free for all" that culminates in explosions of rainbow dust and glitter...
- Posted Jun 8th 2010 at 12:00 PM by Steven Avalos
Lady Gaga is back (did she ever really go away?) with the new music video for her summer smash, "Alejandro," and naturally it's a pretty intense affair. The Steven Klein-directed clip clocks in at 8:44 and is described by the Lady herself as a "celebration and an admiration of gay love -- it confesses my envy of the courage and bravery they require to be together." Gaga appeared on Larry King Live...
- Posted Mar 25th 2010 at 03:40 PM by Steven Avalos
It seems Donny Osmond won't be returning Lady Gaga's calls anytime soon. Access Hollywood reports that the entertainer took to the airwaves of his radio show to add his two cents about a heated debate on where to draw the line when it comes to Lady Gaga's self-branded "performance art." "I'm all for freedom of speech and against any form of censorship, but all I know is that I'm a parent and...
Popeater Hot Topics
- It's a Girl for Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis
- Elisabeth Röhm's Blog: Gone Baby Gone
- See the Stunning Photos From the Little People, Big World Wedding
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- Michael Jackson's ?Thriller' video to be released in 3D
- How one musician makes music from the sounds of YouTube
- ?Doctor Zhivago' comes to Broadway spring 2015