Posts with tag "nbc"
- Posted Jun 6th 2011 at 10:19 PM by Nicki Gostin
Paul Reiser has joked that his recent debacle with NBC was just an expensive media blitz for his third book, 'Familyhood,' and in a way he's right. Being axed by the last-place network after only two episodes gave the 'Mad About You' actor a pedestal to A) Rip on his former bosses and, B) Bring up his latest tome, which is you guessed it ... about being a dad to Ezra and Leon (ages 15 and 11). Rei...
- Posted Apr 23rd 2011 at 12:09 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Did you blink and miss Paul Reiser's big TV comeback on his old 'Mad About You' network? After airing just two episodes, as reported by EW.com, NBC has pulled 'The Paul Reiser Show' off the air. Reiser played himself on the primetime series, which premiered April 14 to less than 3.5 million viewers. It was added to the Thursday night lineup, following 'Community,' as a replacement for the recen...
- Posted Oct 6th 2010 at 08:20 PM by Jett Wells
Even in a time when television is arguably in a golden age in terms of new content with the successes of HBO, Showtime, 'Mad Men' etc., TV producers are still showing some desperation. With the news from EW of NBC announcing a remake of the 1960s sitcom 'The Munsters,' even former cast member Butch Patrick is scratching his head. "Honestly, I think it should be left alone," said the former 'Edd...
- Posted May 4th 2010 at 02:00 PM by Dino Sossi
It seems that everything Jimmy Fallon has done over the past year has been brand spanking new to him. New talk show -- 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.' New house band for when the show started -- The Roots. And now, he's been asked to be the new host for the 'Emmy Awards,' reports E! Online. Well, maybe not asked. "Hosting the Emmys has been a dream of mine ever since they told me I was doing it...
- Posted Apr 15th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Jason Newman
Think Dwight Schrute becoming a recycling-obsessed superhero on 'The Office' was the work of the show's clever writers? Think again. As an eye-opening Wall Street Journal article revealed last week, the plot line, and many others on your favorite NBC shows, was an advertising plant known as "behavior placement." As the article states: "The tactic ... is designed to sway viewers to adopt actions th...
- Posted Mar 25th 2010 at 03:00 PM by Ben Widdicombe
Conan O'Brien salvaged a public relations victory from his messy divorce with 'The Tonight Show' earlier this year by using his charm and wit to connect with audiences. But while the public still loves him, NBC's decision not to let O'Brien take part in Fox's 'Idol Gives Back' charity show has exposed an attitude in the television industry that thinks the former host made out like a bandit in the ...
- Posted Mar 1st 2010 at 11:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Olympic gold medalist Lindsey Vonn can add yet another job title to her resume: actress. The skier, who recently became the first American woman to win a gold medal in downhill skiing, is set to appear in an upcoming episode of 'Law and Order.' Vonn, who scored two medals at the 2010 Winter Olympics, was informed of her upcoming role as a jury foreman during an interview with Bob Costas this pa...
- Posted Feb 26th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Zach Dionne
With John Krasinski facing off against comparative no-names for the role of Captain America, he could very well end up donning the tights in the forthcoming film adaptation of the popular comic. How about the rest of 'The Office'? Steve Carell ditching the NBC hit for a full-time career on the silver screen somehow still hasn't materialized, but one day, our beloved prime time co-workers will ine...
- Posted Jan 23rd 2010 at 09:00 AM by Jo Piazza
- Filed under:
- TV News
It's going to be dark days ahead for Conan O'Brien. After spending 16 years doing late night programming we imagine he isn't quite sure what to do with his impending time out from behind a desk. We're here to help Coco. You have eight months ahead of you and we want you to spend them wisely. Get a tan, kick back, channel your inner Gosselin with some plastique hair, but most importantly come ba...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 03:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Conan O'Brien's last night as host of 'The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien' will likely be next Friday, January 22, a source close to O'Brien tells PEOPLE. "Conan does not currently plan on doing any more new shows after next week," says the source. To add to rumbles, NBC released its post-Winter Olympics schedule -- which did not include the 'Tonight Show.' Though his departure is looking increas...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial: Victim's Girlfriend Testifies
- 13-Year-Old Boy Saves Dog from Burning Building (VIDEO)
- Glee: Sue Has Something to Show Becky - and It's a Tad Creepy (VIDEO)
- Extra security planned for Bill Cosby's show in Ohio
- Danny Trejo plays Marcia Brady in Snickers spot, but always had crush on her mom
- 2015 ACM Awards nominations: Surprises and snubs
- Stacey Dash Outrages With Remarks on Campus Rape: ''Bad Girls...Who Like to Be Naughty Might Go Out and Play and Get Hurt''
- Culottes, Leather Dresses and Middle Part Updos Are Some Hot New Trends—Are You Rocking Them? Show Us!
- Hot Mama Alert! Kourtney Kardashian Shows Off Skinny Post-Baby Body Less Than 6 Weeks After Giving Birth