Posts with tag "neil patrick harris"
- Posted Jun 27th 2011 at 03:30 AM by Christo Varghese
Neil Patrick Harris announced on Twitter that he is engaged to his long time partner David Burtka. Following the New York state senate's passage of the Marriage Equality Bill on Friday night, Harris took to Twitter to celebrate the news and announce his engagement. The 'How I Met Your Mother' actor tweeted, "It PASSED! Marriage equality in NY!! Yes!! Progress!! Thank you everyone who worked...
- Posted Jun 25th 2011 at 12:37 PM by Christine Fenno
Late on Friday, New York became the sixth (and most populous) state in the nation to pass a law allowing gay marriage, and in celebration, stars joined supporters of the measure to cheer the historic milestone on Twitter. Pink gave an all-caps jump for joy, shouting, "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! ABOUT TIME!" Neil Patrick Harris tweeted, "It PASSED! Marriage equality in NY!! Yes!! Progress!! Thank...
- Posted Jun 24th 2011 at 05:45 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
- Filed under:
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Twitter -
- Lady Gaga -
- Neil Patrick Harris -
- Julianne Moore
It certainly has been a groundbreaking yet nail biting week for marriage equality in New York as same-sex marriage advocates have come within one Republican Senate vote to pass the marriage equality bill -- although the vote still has yet to take place. But the hesitation to bring the bill to a vote -- on behalf of Republicans -- is not for the lack of trying and persuasion from our...
- Posted Jun 13th 2011 at 09:42 AM by AOL TV Editors
It was a battle for the ages: One impeccably dressed, show-stopping song-and-dance man against another. And they both just happened to be huge stars in the worlds of TV, film and Broadway. 'How I Met Your Mother' star Neil Patrick Harris defended his right to host the Tony Awards against former Tony MC Hugh Jackman. Dueling it out in a very Great White Way, Harris and Jackman referenced the...
- Posted Jun 13th 2011 at 06:15 AM by Kelly Fisher
The biggest night on Broadway didn't disappoint, and it's really no surprise. With Neil Patrick Harris as host, a great group of nominated shows, and a musical that provided its own jokes (we're looking at you, 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark'), the 65th Annual Tony Awards was a smash hit for theater lovers. According to E! Online, Harris hit the nail on the head when he proclaimed at the top of...
- Posted Jun 10th 2011 at 07:47 AM by AOL TV Editors
Neil Patrick Harris has found the perfect role for the two new little bundles of joy in his life: party props! The 'How I Met You're Your Mother' star took a break from rehearsing for his upcoming Tony Awards hosting gig to stop by 'The Late Show with David Letterman' and share a few quirky but adorable glamor shots of his baby twins. The 'Smurfs' actor and partner David Burtka are currently...
- Posted Jun 9th 2011 at 10:15 PM by Nicki Gostin
Are there enough hours in a day for Neil Patrick Harris? The actor juggles a hit sitcom, 'How I Met Your Mother,' a movie career that includes the much-buzzed-about 'Smurfs,' a hosting job with the Tony Awards this Sunday and um, he's got 8-month-old twins. But don't worry about the guy, little Gideon and Harper (with partner David Burtka) sleep 11 hours a night, he tells PopEater in a fun chat...
- Posted May 10th 2011 at 02:40 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
Neil Patrick Harris has officially been named host of the 2011 Tony Awards and if all goes well, he'll be flying high once the curtain goes up -- literally. "Since they're closed for retooling, we're using all the rigging equipment from 'Spider-Man.' What could possibly go wrong," Harris joked in a press release. Although this will be Harris' second go at the Tony hosting gig -- he hosted...
- Posted May 4th 2011 at 03:50 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
Neil Patrick Harris is the perfect example of a humble host with gumption and charisma for days -- or at least enough for a go at round two. Although some of his award show colleagues -- James Franco, Ricky Gervais -- may never see the light of stage again, Harris has reportedly been tapped to host his second Tony Award broadcast. According to Deadline.com, the new dad will lend his face and...
- Posted Apr 18th 2011 at 11:45 AM by Maggie Coughlan
Neil Patrick Harris played the role of doting dad Sunday on Twitter. "Relaxing on a Sunday afternoon. My heart is full of love," Harris wrote as he shared a photo of his twins, Harper and Gideon, giggling with his partner, David Burtka. Harris and Burtka welcomed their bundles of joy last October through a surrogate. The funny man also took to Twitter to make an official birth announcement....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kevin Sharp, Country Singer with High-Profile Cancer Battle, Dies at 43
- International Space Station Receives Important Easter Morning Delivery
- How to Help Families of Victims in the California Bus Crash
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- Man given suspended jail sentence for stealing Peter Frampton's luggage
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during ?Hedwig' performance
- PopWatch Planner: ?Parks and Rec' finale, ?The Blacklist' big episode, ?John Oliver' premiere, and more
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism
- Neil Patrick Harris Curses at Fan During Hedwig and the Angry Inch Broadway Performance
- Easter Celebrations: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and More!
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Arrive in Los Angeles After Trip to Louisiana—See the Actress' Baby Bump!