Posts with tag "obits"
- Posted Sep 16th 2009 at 05:25 PM by PopEater Staff
Henry Gibson, the quintessential character actor who played Nazis, priests, drunks and nosy neighbors during a 45-year career that included a stint as an original cast member on 'Laugh-In,' died Monday at his home in Malibu. His son, James, said Gibson died after a brief battle with cancer. He was 73. Beginning with a role in 'The Nutty Professor' in 1963, Gibson worked steadily until just last...
- Posted Sep 14th 2009 at 10:28 PM by PopEater Staff
Patrick Swayze, the hunky actor who starred in the two massivie romantic hits 'Ghost' and 'Dirty Dancing,' died Monday after a spirited battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 57. "Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months," said a statement by his publicist, Annett Wolf. No other details were provided. Remem...
- Posted Sep 1st 2009 at 02:00 PM by Marc Schneider
JUNE Deaths 3 -- Blues queen Koko Taylor, 80, complications from stomach surgery. 3 -- 'Enter the Dragon' villain Shih Kien, 96, kidney failure. 4 -- David Carradine, 72, asphyxiation. 23 -- Ed McMahon, 86, natural causes. 25 -- Farrah Fawcett, 62, cancer. 25 -- Michael Jackson, 50, homicide caused by acute propofol intoxication. 28 -- TV pitchman Billy Mays, 50, heart disease. 28 -- Ent...
- Posted Aug 19th 2009 at 12:22 PM by PopEater Staff
A small crypt located above Marilyn Monroe's final resting spot is up for sale and currently one of the most expensive pieces of real estate (on a per-square-foot basis) on the market! The wife of deceased entrepreneur Richard Poncher is selling his grave in order to make some fast cash to help pay off the $1.6-million mortgage on her 1 3/4 acre Beverly Hills home, L.A. Times reports. The curre...
- Posted Aug 6th 2009 at 06:26 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Budd Schulberg, who defined the Hollywood hustle with his novel 'What Makes Sammy Run?' and later proved himself a player with his screenplay for 'On the Waterfront,' died Wednesday at age 95. 'Waterfront,' directed by Elia Kazan and filmed in Hoboken, N.J., was released in 1954 to great acclaim and won eight Academy Awards. It included one of cinema's most famous lines, uttered by Marlon Brando a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jimmy Kimmel Offers 'Potty Training' to D.C.'s Capitol Police (VIDEO)
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: My Husband 'Loved' My Pink Hair!
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Kris Jenner Posts Epic Throwback Pic of Kourtney and Kim Kardashian—See the Funny Snapshot!
- Chris Hemsworth's Daughter India Makes a Surprise Visit on The Huntsman Set, And It's Too Cute for Words!
- New Magic Mike XXL Poster Revealed: See the Steamy Shirtless Pic!