Posts with tag "obituary"
- Posted Sep 7th 2010 at 07:15 PM by PopEater Staff
Glenn Shadix, best known for his role as Otho the interior decorator in the '80s cult favorite, 'Beetlejuice,' died Tuesday morning, The Birmingham News reports. The actor died following a fall at his home in Birmingham, Alabama, his sister, Susan Gagne, told the newspaper. Gagne revealed that her brother was "having mobility problems" in recent years and had likely fallen out of his wheelchair...
- Posted Jul 27th 2010 at 08:15 PM by PopEater Staff
Canadian actor Maury Chaykin died early Tuesday morning--the day of his birthday, the Associated Press reports. His manager, Paul Hemrend, said the longtime character actor died at a Toronto hospital with family surrounding him. Mark McKinney, a producer on Chyakin's most recent HBO Canada series, said the actor died following kidney problems. "He was one of our greatest actors," said...
- Posted Sep 1st 2009 at 02:00 PM by Marc Schneider
JUNE Deaths 3 -- Blues queen Koko Taylor, 80, complications from stomach surgery. 3 -- 'Enter the Dragon' villain Shih Kien, 96, kidney failure. 4 -- David Carradine, 72, asphyxiation. 23 -- Ed McMahon, 86, natural causes. 25 -- Farrah Fawcett, 62, cancer. 25 -- Michael Jackson, 50, homicide caused by acute propofol intoxication. 28 -- TV pitchman Billy Mays, 50, heart disease. 28 --...
- Posted Aug 6th 2009 at 04:40 PM by PopEater Staff
Film director John Hughes has died at age 59 of a heart attack while taking a morning walk during a trip to New York City to visit family. Hughes was responsible for some of the most successful comedy films of the 1980s and 1990s, including 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off', 'Weird Science', 'The Breakfast Club', 'National Lampoon's Vacation', 'Sixteen Candles', 'Pretty in Pink,' 'Planes, Trains and...
Popeater Hot Topics
- 19 Kids & Counting: Jill's Ring Shopping Takes Michelle Back 30 Years
- Kanye West Defends Himself in the Wake of 'Wheelchair-Gate'
- Was Robin Thicke High During This Oprah Interview?
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album
- Did Iggy Azalea sign away rights to sex tape?
- Candice Bergen Will Get Her Con on in Battle Creek—Find Out Who She's Playing!
- Bikini-Clad Rihanna Hits the Beach in Barbados Amid CBS Thursday Night Football Controversy
- E! Online's "Best Housewife Ever" Accepts Her Trophy, Dishes on "Off the Charts" Drama—Watch Now!