Posts with tag "olympics"
- Posted Apr 9th 2011 at 12:34 PM by Spinner Editors
- Filed under:
Organizers of the 2012 Olympic Games in London want Coldplay to perform the official Olympic song at the opening ceremony. The band, fronted by Chris Martin, tops the list of U.K. music stars in contention for the prestigious gig, and would perform a specially-commissioned 'Welcome Song' for a TV audience in excess of two billion. An inside source told the U.K.'s Daily Mirror, "Chris is at the ...
- Posted Mar 1st 2010 at 11:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Olympic gold medalist Lindsey Vonn can add yet another job title to her resume: actress. The skier, who recently became the first American woman to win a gold medal in downhill skiing, is set to appear in an upcoming episode of 'Law and Order.' Vonn, who scored two medals at the 2010 Winter Olympics, was informed of her upcoming role as a jury foreman during an interview with Bob Costas this pa...
- Posted Feb 27th 2010 at 04:00 PM by Denise Warner
Excitement and drama reigned supreme this year at the Winter Olympics and Hollywood should take notice. Surely, we thought, with the events that have played out on the slopes and in the ice rinks, producers would want to capitalize and make a movie about these games. We'll help them out by casting the big parts. Check It Out Below The role of Canadian Ice Dancer Tessa Virtue will be pla...
- Posted Feb 18th 2010 at 07:21 AM by PopEater Staff
When Julia Mancuso completed her Olympic event -- the women's downhill -- in Whistler, she broke out her famous tiara. In first place at the time, she eventually lost to teammate Lindsay Vonn, who battled a bruised shin to take gold by just over half of a second. But Mancuso kept the tiara on, even on the medal stand. The American skier has been wearing it since her coach gave her a plastic ...
- Posted Feb 12th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Sam Brand
Canadians Nelly Furtado, Sarah McLachlan and Bryan Adams will all reportedly step onto the stage at tonight's Vancouver Winter Olympics opening ceremonies. But if you're like us, then you're not going to watch (or DVR) the celebratory puck-drop merely to catch a handful of crooning Canucks (OK, maybe if Neil Young were performing). And it's not about Lindsey Vonn sashaying down an indoor track in ...
- Posted Oct 2nd 2009 at 04:30 PM by PopEater Staff
If you watch 'The Late Show' regularly, you just might recognize Stephanie Birkitt. She appeared countless times on the program, in skits as herself and as a gift certificate-bearing assistant named "Vicki." Birkitt is also reportedly the woman at the center of an alleged extortion plot against her ex-boss, David Letterman, who Thursday admitted to having sexual relationships with several of his f...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cecily Strong Goes in for Hillary Clinton - and Bill - at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Best Lines from Barack Obama's Speech at the White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Michelle Obama Embraces Her Inner Disco Queen at the WHCD
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Barack Obama Brings Key & Peele "Anger Translator" Onstage at White House Correspondents Dinner!
- Zac Efron Enjoys PDA-Filled Karaoke Night With Girlfriend Sami Miró: "They Were Lovey All Night"
- Ariana Grande, Jennifer Lopez and Fifth Harmony Win Big at the 2015 Radio Disney Music Awards