Posts with tag "oprah"
- Posted Dec 13th 2010 at 09:10 AM by Christine Fenno
Oprah fans can dry their tears about the looming end to the most popular daytime talk show in history and clear their schedules for the new year. Oprah Winfrey's OWN network launches Jan. 1, and the first trailer showcasing the network's programming slate serves up a potluck stew of stars -- everyone from Black Eyed Peas maestro will.i.am (who contributes the single 'Own It' as a network...
- Posted Dec 8th 2010 at 01:15 PM by Zach Dionne
In an hourlong ABC interview with Barbara Walters, Oprah Winfrey again denies any sort of romantic relationship with BFF Gayle King. "Describe that friendship to me," Walters says. After a long pause, an emotional Winfrey answers: "She is ... the mother I never had. She is ... the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don't know a better person. I don't...
- Posted Nov 19th 2010 at 05:45 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- TV News
Every year, Oprah Winfrey debuts her 'Favorite Things' episode -- where she bestows a collection of the year's must haves on her audience. (And the items become even hotter after Winfrey's had her say.) Of course, this being the farewell season, Oprah's 'Ulitmate Favorite Things Ever' is bigger than ever. (Literally, she's using two episodes.) With medics standing by in case anyone faints,...
- Posted Oct 6th 2010 at 06:33 AM by PopEater Staff
Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva won't be talking to Oprah after all. Grigorieva and Gibson just hashed out a joint-custody deal for their daughter, Lucia, in which Gibson has been ordered to pay $20K a month in child support. Due to the nature of the proceedings in family court, a judge has put a gag order on the couple, EOnline.com reports, which will keep Oksana off Oprah's...
- Posted Sep 15th 2010 at 04:00 PM by Jo Piazza
Oprah Winfrey's grand excursion down under is reportedly costing Australia's tourism board nearly $3 million in Australian dollars. (Approximately $2.8 million U.S. dollars.) The Queen of Talk surprised her studio audience on the premiere episode of her 25th season by giving her 300 guests a trip to Australia. Winfrey and her guests will be in the country for eight days and seven nights,...
- Posted Sep 14th 2010 at 12:45 PM by Steven Avalos
Whenever a new season of 'Oprah' debuts, it's a pretty big deal. And it's safe to say the 25th and final season opener is the biggest deal of all. What started as a rival to the Geraldos and Donahues of the world has stood the test of time, morphing into a veritable empire for its hostess. Oprah Winfrey herself has become television's own golden calf, influencing everything from diet and spiritual...
- Posted May 16th 2010 at 02:30 PM by Zach Dionne
In the age of autocorrect and predictive text, Google is the master of nudging us in the right direction -- the direction we never knew we wanted to go 'til we realized a bazillion others have Googled it. Being poppy and culturey, we applied this technique to celebrities. We learned a great many things, some disconcerting, some revelatory, some questionable. Read on to see what Google's...
- Posted May 14th 2010 at 04:01 PM by PopEater Staff
After Tom Cruise's 2005 couch jumping incident on Oprah (yes, it's infamous enough for its own subheading on Cruise's Wikipedia page), it was a surprise (relief?) to see the actor keeping his feet on the floor and his hands off the host today. Cruise visited the show to talk about his new film, 'Knight and Day,' with co-star Cameron Diaz....
- Posted May 5th 2010 at 06:07 PM by PopEater Staff
Oprah gave a lucky group of 'Twilight' fans the ultimate gift last night-- a secret screening of this summer's much anticipated blockbuster 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.' The die-hard fans were part of Winfrey's studio audience during a taping of a 'Twilight' special featuring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner and Dakota Fanning. Naturally the fans were unable to contain their...
- Posted Apr 23rd 2010 at 05:29 AM by Rob Shuter
This week, I attended Target's DVD release party of the brilliant film 'The Young Victoria,' where Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York, refused to give me any hint as to when Prince William would be getting married. However, she did have great advice to all brides, including Kate Middleton, and also told me how she would love to be the next Oprah!...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift, Karlie Kloss and More Fashion Stars Remember Oscar de la Renta
- Leslie Jones Named New SNL Cast Member
- Oscar de la Renta Is Dead at 82
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Go Girl! Jennifer Lawrence Swings an Ax and Impresses All the Guys in New Serena Clip
- FKA Twigs Takes "Video Girl" to Extreme With Google Glass in New Conceptual Video: Watch Now!
- RIP Oscar de la Renta: Famous Fashion Designer Remembered by Taylor Swift, Ivanka Trump and More Celebs