Posts with tag "oprah winfrey"
- Posted May 19th 2011 at 08:00 PM by AOL TV Editors
It's getting down to the final days of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show', and the stars are starting to line up to pay their tribute. The final show airs May 25, and big names like Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks and Beyonce have shown up at tapings for the finale. Today, it was Hugh Jackman and Jennifer Aniston who appeared in pre-taped clips saying an emotional goodbye to Winfrey and the show. "It really makes ...
- Posted May 19th 2011 at 07:35 AM by AOL TV Editors
At the taping of Oprah Winfrey's final episodes of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show,' celebs came out in force and gushed over the media mogul on 'Access Hollywood Live.' "She has set the watermark for quality in television, daytime and nighttime, and it's going to be my desire, my goal and my hope to reach that level, or somewhere close to it, to make her happy and proud," said Rosie O'Donnell, who is ...
- Posted May 18th 2011 at 10:40 AM by Kiki Von Glinow
- Filed under:
- TV News -
- Beyonce Knowles -
- Oprah Winfrey -
- Will Smith -
- Tom Hanks -
- Jada Pinkett Smith
The stars turned out in droves for Oprah Winfrey's penultimate episode taping -- from Maria Shriver to Tom Hanks to Madonna, the queen of talk sure flexed her friends in high places muscle as each guest took the stage to celebrate the Winfrey dynasty, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Tom Hanks hosted the first hour of the four hour taping, playing up the fact that Winfrey is not a fan of le...
- Posted May 17th 2011 at 06:30 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
The night before news hit that former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger had a child out wedlock, his wife Maria Shriver dined with Oprah Winfrey. PEOPLE reports the former First Lady of California joined Winfrey, her beau Stedman Graham and Winfrey's best friend Gayle King met at Chicago's RL Restaurant. "She was there with her daughters," a source told PEOPLE. "The reservation was in O...
- Posted May 17th 2011 at 05:21 PM by Elizabeth Yun
Everyone is abuzz counting down the hours until Oprah Winfrey sits down for her last live taping of 'The Oprah Show' after 25 triumphant years on the air. The taping will take place tonight at the United Center in Chicago, just steps from her usual stage at Harpo Studios. The venue, which serves as home to the Chicago Bulls and the Chicago Blackhawks, has a capacity of over 20,000. But its capa...
- Posted May 17th 2011 at 11:14 AM by AOL TV Editors
In 2003, James Frey established his contempt for the literary memoir format by releasing 'A Million Little Pieces,' a supposed memoir that turned out to be full of lies. Oprah Winfrey helped make 'Pieces' into a bestseller in 2005 when she made it a selection for her popular book club and interviewed the author on her show. But hteir second meeting in 2006 wasn't quite as amicable, when it came...
- Posted May 11th 2011 at 08:45 AM by Kelly Fisher
Sarah Ferguson was purposely left off the Royal Wedding guest list last month and she admitted to Oprah Winfrey that the snub left her feeling pretty lousy. According to E! Online, the infamous Duchess of York, who was once married to Prince Andrew, told Winfrey that being left out of the big day was "so difficult," adding, "I wanted to be there with my girls...to be getting them dressed and to...
- Posted May 10th 2011 at 05:22 PM by PopEater Staff
Because one day isn't enough time to confront a guy after you shattered his career into a million little pieces, Oprah Winfrey is setting aside two episodes in her final weeks to interview infamous author James Frey. Frey will sit down with Winfrey on May 16 and 17 and will probably talk about that one time in early 2006 when she called him out for deceiving her and readers with wild tales of c...
- Posted May 7th 2011 at 10:07 AM by Christine Fenno
With the Harpo team in Chicago hurtling toward the The Oprah Winfrey Show finale on May 25, the talk-show queen is in a talkative mood. As Winfrey launches one behemoth (the OWN network) while ending another (the 25th and final season of her daytime show), she essentially confessed to what fans already adore her for: She's only human. "I feel like I have not begun to give anything to OWN," s...
- Posted May 5th 2011 at 10:00 PM by AOL TV Editors
Both Lady Gaga and Oprah Winfrey are counting down the days. Gaga has a new album, 'Born This Way,' coming out May 23. A couple of days later, on May 25, the last 'Oprah Winfrey Show' (weekdays, syndicated) will air. So it was a nice bit of cross-promotion for Lady Gaga to come on the show and sing Winfrey a farewell song. Dressed like a Klingon widow and sitting at a keyboard horned into a gia...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Downton Abbey Producer Discusses Decision to End the Series, What's in Store for Season 6
- Ivanka Trump Is Training for Her First Half Marathon - and Loving It
- Missing College Student Found Dead After Spring Break Disappearance
- MSNBC apologizes for guest's inflammatory comment on country music
- Cate Blanchett loses patience with reporter
- Hope Solo: Dealing with a lot of my issues
- Ranking the #CharlesIsA Pretty Little Liars Theories So Far—From Crazy Good to Hilariously Insane
- Zayn Malik Visits Recording Studio After Quitting One Direction; Just-Released 2012 Interview Hints at His Exit
- Britney Spears Describes Her First Date With Charlie Ebersol, Her "Adorably Hot" Producer Boyfriend of Six Months