Posts with tag "oprah"
- Posted Apr 11th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Jo Piazza
Would you buy an 'Eat, Pray, Love' necklace? What if Julia Roberts looks really really pretty wearing one in the upcoming movie from Sony Pictures? Would you buy it then? Los Angeles-based jewelry company Dogeared, maker of pretty trinkets like "karma" and "chakra" necklaces, is betting that plenty of folks will answer yes to that question and has inked a deal with Sony Pictures to make ...
- Posted Mar 28th 2010 at 02:00 PM by The Pop Chorus
Rosie O'Donnell aims to return to daytime TV shortly after Oprah's exit in the fall of 2011 -- with a program sounding suspiciously similar to O's, featuring hour-long, single-topic episodes. "I would like this show to make a difference in people's lives, to be real, uplifting, authentic and focus on life, love and laughter," O'Donnell told the Associated Press. In light of this, we turned to ...
- Posted Feb 26th 2010 at 03:05 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- TV News
In what has already been a season of big guests, talk show mogul Oprah Winfrey will soon sit down with film critic and close personal friend Roger Ebert, Boston.com is reporting. The interview -- which airs Tuesday -- will be especially notable, as Ebert's recent bout with thyroid cancer has rendered him speechless. To accommodate, Ebert will use text-to-speech computer technology to field ...
- Posted Feb 16th 2010 at 02:00 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Hottest Stories -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- John Mayer -
- Jennifer Aniston
John Mayer's disastrous Playboy interview in which he dropped the N-word and told naughty bedroom secrets about Jessica Simpson is too much for even Oprah Winfrey to handle. Oprah's couch -- which has been a platform for dozens of celebrity apologies and explanations -- isn't open to the guitarist just yet. Why? Because O is great pals with one of John's exes! Inside scoop on Oprah's snub, plus a ...
- Posted Feb 10th 2010 at 06:42 PM by PopEater Staff
Celine Dion is openly discussing her recent miscarriage for the first time, telling Oprah Winfrey during a taping of her show that while the incident was sad, she and her husband Rene are hoping the fifth time is the charm. "We tried four times to have a child. We're still trying. We're on the fifth try. And I tell you, if five is my lucky number, this fifth try has got to come in," Dion said. ...
- Posted Feb 8th 2010 at 12:30 PM by PopEater Staff
David Letterman's Super Bowl spot was almost home to all of the most famous names in talk in TV - including Conan O'Brien. According to The Wrap, the much-discussed promo, which featured Letterman, Leno and Oprah, was originally designed to star the ginger giant as well. ...
- Posted Jan 28th 2010 at 03:55 PM by PopEater Staff
With all eyes on Jay Leno, he sat down with Oprah Winfrey for his first interview since the blow-up over NBC's late-night lineup. While he admits having some regrets, Leno's deepest scars seem to stretch back to 2004 when NBC first announced Conan O'Brien would be taking over the show in 2009. "It broke my heart. It really did. I was devastated," Leno said. "This was the job that I had always ...
- Posted Jan 22nd 2010 at 12:30 PM by Melissa Daniels
Scores of stars are gathering for the 'Hope for Haiti Now' telethon to benefit earthquake victims. But of course it's not the first time that celebs have donated their time and money in the time of tragedy, domestic or international. Televised concerts and even merchandise have been used to raise relief money for decades. Such efforts have seen huge success rates, with millions of dollars being ...
- Posted Jan 15th 2010 at 04:10 PM by Steven Avalos
Lady Gaga visited the set of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' this afternoon for a candid interview and performance dressed wearing what else but a sparkly white catsuit and sea-urchin-inspired hair. But the 'Poker Face' singer got serious as she discussed the importance of supporting the relief effort in Haiti. Recalling her time in New York during 9/11, she admits she "never felt like anyone ...
- Posted Dec 16th 2009 at 01:37 PM by Scott Harris
In Hollywood, people are often judged less by the content of their character and more by the content of their wallet. Stars have taken to buying up ever more ostentatious items in order to best display their wealth for all to see. Jay Leno, for instance, owns a fleet of rare and vintage automobiles. John Travolta doesn't just own his own jet, he owns a Boeing 707. And Oprah Winfrey? Well, Oprah ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Police Search NFL Star Aaron Hernandez's Home In Connection with Possible Homicide
- Adam Levine 'Typically Hates Celebrity Fragrances,' Makes One Exception In a Racy Video
- Karina Smirnoff and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Reuniting - on Broadway
- 'Anchorman 2' trailer: Ron Burgundy is even Burgundy-er
- 'Naked and Afraid' strands complete strangers without food, water? or clothes
- Celebrity Guessing Game: Who's younger?
- Watch Brad Pitt and Jimmy Fallon try a yodel duet ? VIDEO
- This Week's Cover: A first look at the making of ?Divergent'