Posts with tag "oscars"
- Posted Mar 2nd 2011 at 02:30 PM by Nicki Gostin
It seems that Andy Cohen, the Bravo exec and genial host of all the 'Housewives' reunion shows, did not like the Oscar ceremony. At all. But it wasn't James Franco's lethargic performance, Anne Hathaway's cheerleader perkiness or the sheer length of the show. No, the culprit was -- are you ready for this? -- the children's choir from Public School 22 in Staten Island, who performed a rousing...
- Posted Mar 1st 2011 at 10:35 AM by Amber James
Corey Haim's death has been overlooked by his peers once again. After being omitted from the SAG Awards' In Memoriam montage in January, Haim was notably missing again from the memoriam segment at the 2011 Oscars. The '80s star, whose credits include 'The Lost Boys,' 'License To Drive' and 'Lucas,' died on March 11, 2010, at the age of 38. Now, his longtime friend, Corey Feldman is speaking...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 04:00 PM by Maggie Coughlan
As a renowned stylist and boutique owner, Elyse Walker shares her love for fashion with a large celebrity clientele. When it comes to stars who need a fresh new look, Walker is the first person they've got on speed dial. Ask any fashion fanatic, the best part of any awards show is the red carpet arrivals, and last night's Academy Awards were no different. From daring decolletage to feathery...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 01:40 PM by Rob Shuter
The rift between once-good friends Sandra Bullock and Scarlett Johansson still appears to be going strong, with both ladies avoiding each other like the plague at the Academy Awards on Sunday. "It seemed like both of their arrivals were carefully staged to make sure they were never on the red carpet together," an insider tells me. "They both knew the other was presenting so it was no surprise...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 08:51 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
The reviews are rolling in for James Franco's hosting performance at last night's Oscars, and they aren't good: "Distracted and blasé," writes The New York Times, while The Hollywood Reporter comes right out and says he straight-up "bombed." My spies behind the scenes tell me producers knew before the show was even over that trying to go after a young, tech-happy demo by hiring James and...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 03:15 AM by Christo Varghese
Academy Award nominee Amy Adams was a vision on the Oscars red carpet. She stood apart from the rest of the crowd, wearing a glittering blue L'Wren Scott cap-sleeved gown. But what really set Adams apart was the jewelry she wore, worth a cool $1.35 million. PEOPLE is reporting that 'The Fighter' actress wore a Cartier platinum and diamond Haute Joaillerie secret watch bracelet, which featured a...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 02:15 AM by Moviefone Editors
As Oscars night draws to a close, we begin to reflect on the victories, surprises and snubs of the evening -- 'King's Speech' over 'Social Network,' and still no love for Christopher Nolan? One segment that can always be counted on to court controversy is the Oscars In Memoriam segment, a sober look back at the stars we've loved and lost over the past year. At the 2010 awards, Oscar drew...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 01:15 AM by The Editors of StyleList
As we watched the starlets walk down the 2011 Oscars red carpet, we couldn't help but feel a sense of déjà vu when Best Actress nominee Jennifer Lawrence arrived. The 'Winter's Bone' protagonist chose a Calvin Klein Collection frock for the 2011 Academy Awards. But Scarlett Johansson donned a similar body-hugging gown by Valentino and loose blond waves back in 2006, when she...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 12:06 AM by Moviefone Editors
OSCAR HIGHLIGHTS: ► Kirk Douglas Keeps Actresses in Suspense ► Billy Crystal Returns to Oscars Stage ► Franco and Hathaway Take on 'Inception' ► Oscars Red Carpet Photos ► Natalie Portman Named Best Actress ► Scarlett's New Oscar Man? The 83rd Annual Academy Awards awarded Best Picture to 'The King's Speech,' giving the period piece its fourth win of the night. Tom...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 12:02 AM by Zach Dionne
Colin Firth earned his first Academy Award Sunday night, snagging the Best Actor Oscar for his performance in 'The King's Speech.' "I have a feeling my career's just peaked," Firth said as he accepted his award from Sandra Bullock. Firth appeared emotional but mostly composed, calling his fellow nominees both "extraordinary" and "formidable." Throughout the 2011 awards season, Firth's...
Popeater Hot Topics
- John Denver receives posthumous star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!