Posts with tag "oscars"
- Posted Feb 27th 2011 at 06:01 PM by Matthew Shepatin
I'll admit it. I thought about presenting my interview with Guy Pearce -- who plays King Edward VIII in Oscar hopeful 'The King's Speech' -- in reverse. A meta-tribute to the granddaddy of meta-narratives, 'Memento,' which just celebrated its 10th anniversary (hence, the new special-edition Blu-ray). Pearce's breakout performance in 'L.A. Confidential' should have put him on the path to fabulou...
- Posted Feb 26th 2011 at 05:02 PM by Christine Fenno
Ricky Gervais isn't letting any lingering controversy over his inflammatory Golden Globes material stop him from suggesting some new jokes for Sunday's Academy Awards. Kidding around with readers of his official website, Gervais posted a sample monologue he wrote for Oscar hosts James Franco and Anne Hathaway, including a wisecrack he'd have Franco make about his own nominated performance: "You...
- Posted Feb 26th 2011 at 12:00 AM by Amber James
By showing up the the 2011 Golden Globes wearing mismatched shoes, HelenaBonham Carter proved she doesn't adhere to fashion rules. And even though the quirky actress already dubbed her upcoming Oscars gown a "catastrophe," one stylist hopes the nominated actress will take her fashion statement a little more seriously for the Oscars. "She is a brilliant actress, so she needs to be a bit more s...
- Posted Feb 25th 2011 at 11:48 PM by Matthew Shepatin
The Oscars pretty much have the best performances of the year on lock. And while Best Supporting Actor/Actress nominations can come from brief performances -- see Alan Arkin's winning turn in 2006's 'Little Miss Sunshine' -- we at PopEater think there are some true heroes being glossed over. Those screen sensations are the bit actors. Their parts range from a few minutes to mere seconds, but th...
- Posted Feb 25th 2011 at 08:00 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
If Richard Lewis is an authority on anything, it's high quality film. The comedian and actor sat down with Funny Or Die to give his opinions on this year's most celebrated works of art -- the Oscar nominees for Best Picture. 'Inception': Lewis opted out of viewing this flick due to his short term memory loss. The trailer alone gave Lewis a panic attack, rosacea and ... a few diseases. '127 H...
- Posted Feb 25th 2011 at 04:15 PM by Maggie Coughlan
If you've ever caught an episode of 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,' you know the cast sure knows how to party. From extravagant birthdays to transforming a backyard into a dance floor, the ladies of Beverly Hills make everything they do an event. So why would watching the Oscars be any different? 'Housewife' Taylor Armstrong has spent the past few days amping up her Facebook fans for th...
- Posted Feb 25th 2011 at 03:00 PM by John Mitchell
After nearly a decade as a film critic and entertainment journalist, it's safe to say Ben Lyons knows a thing or two about movies. So PopEater was pretty psyched to talk to the E! star about who he thinks is (and isn't) going home with an Oscar this Sunday as well as his work with ReserveYourNight.com, a new site from yellow tail Reserve that offers wine and movie pairings tailored to their cin...
- Posted Feb 25th 2011 at 02:20 PM by Keith Murphy
It was one of the most improbable moments in the history of the Academy Awards. There they were, Three 6 Mafia, the brazenly hardcore, controversial rap act from Memphis, Tenn., accepting the 2006 Best Original Song Oscar for their no-nonsense track 'It's Hard Out For A Pimp.' For longtime group members Juicy J and DJ Paul, who first snatched national infamy with their two-fisted 1995 anthem 'Tear...
- Posted Feb 25th 2011 at 01:24 PM by Litty Samuel
Join host Dave Karger from Oscar.com as he gives you an in-depth look at your favorite Oscar nominees, including David O. Russell's 'The Fighter.' The film stars Mark Wahlberg and gives audiences a look at the early years of boxer "Irish" Micky Ward and his brother, Dicky, who helped train Ward before going pro in the mid-1980s. The movie "balances intense emotional scenes with thrilling boxi...
- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 08:05 PM by Justine Goodman
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Natalie Portman -
- Christian Bale -
- Colin Firth -
- Annette Bening
When it comes to movies during Oscar season, everyone's a critic. And most people would be willing to bet they already know who's going home with a statue on Sunday (Colin Firth, Christian Bale, Natalie Portman) and who isn't (Jeff Bridges, Annette Bening, Jeremy Renner). But the bigger question is, how many of them would really be willing to bet -- as in, make an actual cash wager -- they are rig...
Popeater Hot Topics
- RHOBH Star Kim Richards 'Says No to Rehab' For Now: Source
- Bobby Brown Clarifies Earlier Comments on Bobbi Kristina's Condition: 'God Is Hearing Our Prayers'
- Cissy Houston: Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Out of Her Coma but Has 'Irreversible Brain Damage' and 'Remains Unresponsive'
- ?Jurassic World' trailer hits the web
- All three members of Migos hip-hop group arrested after concert
- Twin Shadow band members remain hospitalized after tour buses crash
- Find Out Who's Going to Star in the New Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spinoff Series!
- The New "Human Ken Doll" Rodrigo Alves Thinks He's a Better Person Because of Plastic Surgery—See the Sneak Peek!
- Selena Gomez Flaunts Her New Curves and Major Cleavage in Polka Dot Bikini While in Mexico