Posts with tag "pants on the ground"
- Posted Jul 1st 2010 at 11:15 AM by Mike Hess
As Big Boi preps for the July 6 release of his solo effort, titled 'Sir Lucious Leftfoot,' PopEater was able to catch up with the music savant, who gladly answered a few of our burning questions. What exactly is on the iPod of the man who's one-half responsible for OutKast -- perhaps the most innovative and boundary-slaughtering group of the last two decades? Surprisingly, Big Boi gets down to Nei...
- Posted Jan 22nd 2010 at 01:52 PM by Sam Brand
Minnesota native Prince "saw the future" while watching the Vikings throttle the Cowboys last week. He's created a pop-slash-fight song to take Brett Favre and team to the Super Bowl. Diane von Furstenberg appeared on 'The View' to plug a new collection of home furnishings. And jilted mistress YaVaughnie Wilkins has spent $250,000 on billboards to take revenge on millionaire mogul Charles Phillips...
- Posted Jan 19th 2010 at 12:18 PM by Sam Brand
Jimmy Fallon dropped his. Brandon Gray dropped his. Even Brett Favre has dropped his "Pants on the Ground." Larry Platt's 'American Idol' jingle has gone viral, and now we know how the 62-year-old came up with it. In other news, Conan O'Brien is reportedly set to take home a massive payday from NBC. And prolific crime novelist Robert. B. Parker has died. This is What You're Searching For Today......
- Posted Jan 15th 2010 at 11:43 AM by Sam Brand
Late night is big news this week. Jimmy Fallon is grabbing headlines today for a bit he dropped that's totally unrelated to the ongoing Conan vs. NBC saga. Ever want to know what it would sound like if Neil Young were to cover Larry Platt's "Pants on the Ground?" Here's your chance. And here's your chance to see what's up with Wyclef Jean's Yele Foundation (Is Tiger pitching in?), as well as catch...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 04:24 PM by Rashod Ollison
When you risked your life in the 1960s, marching for civil rights that young folks now take for granted, you typically don't give up trying to reach them. One strategy is to write an insanely catchy ditty about self-respect called 'Pants on the Ground.' And what better way to reach people -- millions of people -- than to perform it on 'American Idol'? That's exactly what General Larry Platt did...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 10:01 AM by Amber James
No one can deny that General Larry Platt created the best water cooler moment from last night's 'American Idol' auditions. If anybody in the Atlanta crowd deserved 15 minutes of fame on national television, it was Platt. The 62-year-old, who took part in the Civil Rights Veterans Movement in 1963, gave Randy Jackson, Simon Cowell and Kara DioGuardi a comic relief after a long day of auditions when...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kanye West Had a Lot of Feelings on the VMAs Stage; Twitter Went Berserk
- Demi Lovato Takes PEOPLE Behind the Scenes at the Video Music Awards
- Taylor Swift Wins MTV Video of the Year Award for 'Bad Blood' After Nomination Controversy
- Horror master Wes Craven dead at 76
- Kanye West rants at VMAs: I have decided to 'run for president'
- Nicki Minaj calls out Miley Cyrus at VMAs
- Justin Bieber Is Shirtless and Looking Mighty Fine in "What Do You Mean?" Music Video—Watch Now!
- Bachelor in Paradise is Exhausting Us: Who's the Worst of the Worst This Week?
- Wes Craven Dead at 76: Director Helped Create Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street and Other Horror Films