Posts with tag "paula abdul"
- Posted Jan 11th 2010 at 04:39 PM by Mike Hess
With word that Simon Cowell is leaving 'American Idol' after this season to start 'The X Factor' in the U.S., the fate of the 'Idol' juggernaut is uncertain. If Cowell wants to, he could offer up some stiff competition to his 'Idol' alma mater, leaving the show with a big "how do we compete against Simon?" conundrum. However, if he plays nice, he could work closely with FOX and 'Idol' on how to...
- Posted Dec 24th 2009 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Were you surprised by Susan Boyle's talent? Did you love or hate Adam Lambert's glam album cover? Do you think Kate Gosselin shared too much information with the media? Thanks to the hundreds of thousands of PopEater faithful who voted on the most burning questions in Hollywood this year.* Let's look back at the biggest poll questions of 2009 to see which side they took. Click Inside to See the...
- Posted Dec 16th 2009 at 07:00 AM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- American Idol -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Ellen DeGeneres
To everyone who asked "Why in the world would Paula Abdul quit 'American Idol?" a few months ago, it seems that Abdul herself is now pondering the same question. Word is, she's bummed out and her replacement (Ellen DeGeneres) is absolutely the talk of the 'Idol' set. That, plus a movie fit for a Queen (seriously) and Angelina Jolie's journalistic dreams take a hit....
- Posted Nov 26th 2009 at 11:55 AM by Bryan Alexander
It's been so long since Paula Abdul left the 'American Idol' scene and the daily news cycle, and with no Paula fix on the way (as of now, at least), aren't we all a little curious how the always-interesting judge/musician is doing? So, when word hit that Abdul made her presence known at the American Music Awards Luxury Lounge, Popeater's ears perked up. After the jump, check out five absolutely...
- Posted Nov 17th 2009 at 02:14 AM by Sam Brand
Wondering why 'Kali Hawk,' 'Carlos Estevez,' and 'Lorenzo von Matterhorn' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight......
- Posted Sep 24th 2009 at 11:15 AM by PopEater Staff
Looks like Simon Cowell is bringing Britain's 'The X Factor' to the U.S. and according to The Hollywood Reporter, he's trying to negotiate a $50 million a cycle salary. The 'American Idol' judge is finally inking the deal with Fox and the show's creator because he's free from his old 'Idol' contract, which forbid him from producing an American version of the hit show. ...
- Posted Sep 22nd 2009 at 12:00 PM by PopEater Staff
It seems everyone's a critic when it comes to Ellen DeGeneres replacing Paula Abdul as judge on 'American Idol.' Even in our poll, 61% said it was unfair to have a judge that's not music based. So on her talk show Tuesday, DeGeneres took the opportunity to confront her critics and defend the controversial decision, US Weekly reported. "Apparently, there's a lot of debate going on right now...
- Posted Sep 21st 2009 at 02:30 PM by Melissa Daniels
So far, September's been full of contentious celebrity battles. Between Ellen DeGeneres replacing Paula Abdul on 'American Idol', Kanye West's interruption of Taylor Swift and the start of brand new fall television shows, there's plenty to Google about. Using Google Trends, we looked at who's been drawing more online interest in the month of September compared to their controversial counterparts....
- Posted Sep 21st 2009 at 12:33 PM by Denise Warner
Ruben Studdard won 'American Idol' during the second season of the hit reality show. Now, the singer has a new single called 'Don't Make 'Em Like U No More' off of his fourth album, 'Love Is,' and will begin a tour with David Foster and Friends this fall. In an exclusive interview, Studdard tells PopEater about his music, who he'd love to work with, and what he thinks about Ellen DeGeneres...
- Posted Sep 21st 2009 at 10:15 AM by PopEater Staff
Kara DioGuardi is enthusiastic in her endorsement of new 'American Idol' judge Ellen DeGeneres. "I think it's a genius decision," said DioGuardi in response to the highly publicized decision to bring in DeGeneres to replace former judge, Paula Abdul. "I wish I had thought of it," she added during the Entertainment Tonight/People magazine Emmy Award after-party. Idol fans have been mixed in...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pine: I Learned to Sing in the Shower
- Sexiest Director Alive? Channing Tatum Is About to Helm His First Movie
- The Way She Was: New Photo Book Showcases Barbra Streisand's Early Years in Hollywood
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- Evan Ross Teases "Incredible" New Music With Ashlee Simpson, Would "Love" to Duet With Diana Ross
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Join Justin Bieber to Celebrate Hailey Baldwin's 18th Birthday—Take a Look!
- American Music Awards Artists One Direction, Lorde and More Shown Through Emojis—Can You Guess Correctly? Play the Game Now!