Posts with tag "peta"
- Posted Jul 16th 2010 at 02:28 PM by PopEater Staff
Pamela Anderson's curvy figure is grabbing headlines again, but this time, it's not her little red swimsuit that's making waves. The actress' latest campaign for PETA, in which she appears clad only in a bikini with her body parts labeled as cuts of meat, was banned in her homeland of Canada, with officials deeming the ad sexist....
- Posted Apr 28th 2010 at 10:10 AM by Zach Dionne
Olivia Munn's nude PETA ad calling for a circus boycott caused quite the stir on the Internet yesterday. To clear up a few things (like, um, why is she naked?), the lovely host of G4's 'Attack of the Show' -- who also appears in 'Date Night' and 'Iron Man 2,' natch -- chatted with PopEater via e-mail, even responding to one reader's query of how people can do more to help the cause. Read on for...
- Posted Apr 27th 2010 at 04:45 PM by Zach Dionne
Furthering PETA's bold tradition of racy, message-sending ads, a very nude Olivia Munn is imploring people to "boycott the circus." "When you look at something like the circus, everyone's laughing and there's color and music and everything seems so great," Munn tells PETA. "But when you go right behind that door and the elephants are in these crates all day long and then they're getting...
- Posted Apr 22nd 2010 at 09:14 AM by Marc Schneider
A new PETA ad aimed at shaming McDonald's into changing their chicken-slaughtering practices stars a familiar glare -- one belonging to Bea Arthur. A 'Golden Girls'-era photo of the actress appears in the ad next to the jarring headline: "McCruelty. It's enough to make Bea Arthur roll over in her grave." Arthur died last April of cancer shortly before her 87th birthday. Arthur was a long-time...
- Posted Mar 15th 2010 at 05:32 PM by Zach Dionne
PETA worries a new Animal Planet show featuring Mike Tyson racing pigeons will "showcase cruelty and profiteering at animals' expense," the animal rights organization's president, Ingrid Newkirk, tells PopEater. The program, tentatively titled 'Taking on Tyson,' is set to begin filming in New York City this spring and is slated to air in early 2011. "I may have stopped fighting," the one-time...
- Posted Jan 22nd 2010 at 09:34 AM by PopEater Staff
During Paris fashion week, Kanye West and his girlfriend Amber Rose brought out their best furs. First, Amber wore an orange jacket peppered with balls of fur, and later the pair were spotted on the town draped in long coats that appear to have required many animals to make....
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 06:00 PM by Steven Avalos
When not crooning about milkshakes and bossiness, you can regularly find Kelis at the center of a high profile scandal -- be it her much publicized custody battle with estranged husband, Nas, or now a scuffle with PETA that's sure to ruffle a few feathers. Some background on the situation: Kelis was photographed earlier this week wearing a very fur-centric ensemble which caught the attention of...
- Posted Dec 2nd 2009 at 07:23 AM by PopEater Staff
PETA has a way of getting celebrities who support their cause to get naked for advertisements. Whether you agree with their message or not, you've got to admit they sure know how to get noticed. Hence, this post about Joanna Krupa and her latest skin-baring (and dog-focused) ad for the organization. Krupa is urging potential pooch purchasers to adopt instead of buying....
- Posted Nov 14th 2009 at 11:00 AM by Laura Ferreiro
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Eats -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Health Issues -
- TV News
What could inspire Alicia Silverstone to strip naked in an ad, Natalie Portman to blog passionately and Morrissey to walk off stage at a festival? The answer might surprise you: vegetarianism. Countless actors, rock stars and folks from all walks of life have decided to take meat off the menu and go veggie for an array of reasons as colorful as their personalities....
- Posted Nov 9th 2009 at 01:23 PM by PopEater Staff
'The Twilight Saga: New Moon' human Christian Serratos -- who plays Bella's sympathetic friend Angela in the series -- strips down for a new PETA ad. Serratos lends her naked body to the 'I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur' campaign that's popular among celebrities. In the ad, the actress leans up against a tree in a forest that looks like it's straight out of the movies that made her famous....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 19 Kids & Counting: Jill's Ring Shopping Takes Michelle Back 30 Years
- Kanye West Defends Himself in the Wake of 'Wheelchair-Gate'
- Was Robin Thicke High During This Oprah Interview?
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album
- Did Iggy Azalea sign away rights to sex tape?
- Candice Bergen Will Get Her Con on in Battle Creek—Find Out Who She's Playing!
- Bikini-Clad Rihanna Hits the Beach in Barbados Amid CBS Thursday Night Football Controversy
- E! Online's "Best Housewife Ever" Accepts Her Trophy, Dishes on "Off the Charts" Drama—Watch Now!