Posts with tag "phil harris"
- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 01:10 PM by Zach Dionne
News of Justin Tennison, the 'Deadliest Catch' star found dead at 33 in an Alaska hotel room over the weekend, marks a year of tragedy and hard times for the reality-documentary show's cast. Since early 2010, the Alaskan king crab fishing series has been plagued by two deaths, individual charges of reckless driving, robbery and drug dealing as well as a lawsuit from Discovery Channel. Here, we...
- Posted Jul 13th 2010 at 05:35 PM by PopEater Staff
Tonight, the Discovery Channel will air Phil Harris' final episode of 'Deadliest Catch.' Harris suffered a stroke while filming the show on Jan. 29. Although he showed signs of recovery after surgery, Harris succumbed on Feburary 9. Over the past couple of months, PopEater had the chance to talk with Discovery Channel star Mike Rowe about his memories of Harris, as well as Phil's 'Deadliest...
- Posted Jun 16th 2010 at 05:46 PM by Mike Hess
As the sixth season of 'Deadliest Catch' continues, it was only a matter of time before the episodes dealing with the health problems that eventually led to Phil Harris' passing would be here. This past week, with those episodes looming, a different type of drama emerged when Phil caught his youngest son Jake (pictured, right) stealing his pain medication. The conflict was a surprise to Josh...
- Posted Mar 17th 2010 at 06:49 AM by PopEater Staff
'Deadliest Catch' star Jake Harris has been charged with reckless driving and driving with a suspended license, after a Feb. 18 arrest in Seattle, EOnline.com reports. Harris was initially arrested on the suspicion of driving under the influence and a hit-and-run, but prosecutors didn't believe they could make those charges stick. If convicted, the 21-year-old faces up to 15 months in...
- Posted Feb 24th 2010 at 10:48 AM by Mike Hess
For Josh and Jake Harris, this February will likely be the worst month they'll ever have to endure in their lives. Their father -- 'Deadliest Catch' skipper Phil Harris, who was not only their dad, but their boss -- died following a stroke on February 9. The pain and emotional void left by the unexpected and all-too-early passing of a father is indescribable, something incomprehensible for most....
- Posted Feb 21st 2010 at 11:30 AM by Andrew Scott
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions
Over the years, reality television has turned a slew of ordinary people into famous Hollywood stars. Most of those stars have since become a nuisance, dominating the tabloids with stories ranging from scandal and affair to obsessions with plastic surgery. (We're looking at you, Speidi!) Never before has 15 minutes of fame felt like such an eternity. But if the recent death of 'Deadliest...
- Posted Feb 17th 2010 at 08:48 AM by PopEater Staff
The TV crew for 'Deadliest Catch' was there "the entire time" for Capt. Phil Harris' final days, from when he suffered a stroke on the Cornelia Marie to his near-recovery in the hospital before his death Feb. 9, an official from the popular show told EW. The Harris family will decide whether any of the footage will make it to air, but according to 'Catch' producer Thom Beers, Capt. Phil told the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicky Hilton Shows Off Her (Giant) Engagement Ring (PHOTO)
- Adrian Peterson and the NFL's Struggle with Off-Field Violence
- Julianne Moore's Never Going Blonde (or Trying a Juice Cleanse) Again
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album