Posts with tag "pirates of the caribbean"
- Posted May 29th 2011 at 11:33 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Orlando Bloom has moved on from the swashbuckling 'Pirates of the Caribbean' franchise, but he's still not ready to say farewell to the land of J.R.R. Tolkien. Although the character Legolas doesn't appear in Tolkien's novel 'The Hobbit,' Bloom (who originated the blonde elf role in the acclaimed 'Lord of the Rings' films) has officially signed on to appear as Legolas in director Peter Jackson'...
- Posted May 14th 2011 at 10:10 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Saturday at the Cannes Film Festival in the South of France, Johnny Depp joined Penelope Cruz to talk up the premiere of his 3-D sequel 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,' the fourth in the smash hit Disney series. Depp, 47, said his Captain Jack character is back by popular demand, and he's happy to oblige. "If the people get tired of it or something, that's when it stops, I thi...
- Posted May 12th 2011 at 12:21 PM by Nicki Gostin
The kicky Keira Knightley can currently be seen in the romantic drama, 'Last Night.' In it she plays Joanna Reed, half of a married couple whose marriage is sorely tested when her husband (Sam Worthington) goes on a business trip and encounters temptation in the voluptuous form of Eva Mendes. Meanwhile, she encounters her own form of temptation in Guillaume Canet, a former lover who reappears. The...
- Posted Oct 7th 2010 at 03:41 PM by Zach Dionne
When an English schoolgirl wrote a letter to Captain Jack Sparrow, the last thing she probably expected was for Johnny Depp to show up, in costume, and give her a hug. But it all happened yesterday in London, according to the Daily Mail. Nine-year-old student Beatrice Delap wrote expressly to Captain Jack, seeking his help in a mutiny against teachers. She wrote: "Captain Jack Sparrow, at Me...
- Posted Jul 15th 2010 at 12:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem may have kept their recent nuptials a closely-guarded secret, but it's not because the actress is expecting. Despite tabloid reports that Cruz is pregnant, her rep has publicly denied the claims to EOnline.com The actress, who is currently filming 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,' the fourth installment in the blockbuster franchise, wed Bardem at ...
- Posted Jun 19th 2010 at 03:00 PM by Jason Newman
We're the first to say that Grand Canyon-sized chasms can exist between a film's commercial success and its artistic quality. Still, sometimes the two are not mutually exclusive. With Friday's release of 'Toy Story 3,' Pixar looks to continue their domination with their eleventh consecutive blockbuster, a smart, funny film aimed at both adults and children. We thought it would be a good time t...
- Posted Mar 22nd 2010 at 01:22 PM by PopEater Staff
These days in Hollywood, it seems as if everyone has had some kind of surgical enhancement to give them a little extra oomph. However, Disney is bucking the trend of hiring augmented actresses, requesting that only women with natural breasts apply for a role in the latest installment of their 'Pirates of the Caribbean' franchise. The New York Post is reporting that Disney has specifically reque...
- Posted Nov 18th 2009 at 08:00 PM by Tricia Romano
It's November, which means it's officially time to think about the Oscars. People are already placing bets on the top performances even if they haven't seen them yet (think the soon-to-be-released and highly-anticipated 'Nine'). There are some actors who have been on the road to Oscardom ever since they began emoting; others found a way out of their earlier career mishaps and have reinvented the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mark Wahlberg Makes a $250,000 Bet with Diddy on the Mayweather vs. Pacquaio Fight
- It's a Girl for Owain Yeoman
- Eva Longoria Designs Her First Home Collection - See the Looks
- Bruce Jenner in interview: 'I am a woman'
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Everything We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Candid Diane Sawyer Interview
- Bruce Jenner Says Khloé Kardashian Is Taking His Transition the Hardest ''Because She's Had a Lot of Losses in Her Life''
- Bruce Jenner's Family Reacts to Diane Sawyer Interview: We Are "So Very Proud" of Our "Hero"