Posts with tag "portia de rossi"
- Posted Feb 14th 2011 at 08:30 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
The intruder arrested last week at Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's house was found hiding behind cushions on their kitchen deck, prosecutors revealed in court Monday, TMZ.com reports. Karen Sjoden was arrested last Thursday morning at 5AM on DeGeneres and de Rossi's property. She was asked to leave after first being spotted around 3AM, but she returned soon after and was quickly detained....
- Posted Feb 14th 2011 at 01:00 AM by Christo Varghese
A woman was arrested last week for trespassing onto the Beverly Hills property owned by Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia de Rossi. According to PEOPLE, the as-of-yet unidentified woman did not enter the actual residence and never made any contact with DeGeneres or de Rossi. A rep for the couple said in a statement, "The property is protected by a 24-hour security team that detected and...
- Posted Jan 26th 2011 at 04:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Ellen DeGeneres turned 53 on Wednesday and was caught off-guard when producers organized a party during 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show.' The star-studded affair, which included everyone from Pink and Julia Roberts to Colin Farrell and Jayden Smith, was full of surprises, but perhaps the highlight of the show was when DeGeneres' wife, Portia de Rossi, channeled Marilyn Monroe in a surprise birthday...
- Posted Jan 20th 2011 at 03:35 AM by PopEater Staff
Portia de Rossi says that her ex husband, documentary filmmaker Mel Metcalfe, left her, broke up her brother's marriage and ran off with his wife. The actress gives the details in her new memoir, 'Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain.' De Rossi was married to Metcalf between 1996 and 1999, and she reveals in the book how she hit rock bottom when her husband left her and got together...
- Posted Dec 6th 2010 at 04:18 PM by Rob Shuter
Producers of ABC's 'Dancing With The Stars' have decided that America isn't quite ready to see a same-sex couple on the ballroom floor after their only choice, Ellen Degeneres' wife Portia de Rossi, didn't pan out. "If Portia had agreed then this would have been a done deal," an ABC insider tells me. "She was the only star that could have pulled this off without completely offending the...
- Posted Nov 5th 2010 at 08:00 PM by Nicki Gostin
Portia de Rossi has penned 'Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain,' an unflinching and bravely honest account of her battle with eating disorders and dealing with her sexuality. It is an extraordinary account, incredibly vivid and shocking and quite simply one of the most powerful books about anorexia ever written. De Rossi took time to discuss her struggles, along with the healing...
- Posted Nov 3rd 2010 at 11:19 AM by PopEater Staff
Portia de Rossi has emerged in recent years as one of Hollywood's funniest females, but her road to success hasn't always been an easy one. The 'Arrested Development' star, who is now happily married to Ellen DeGeneres, spent much of her career struggling with her sexuality and eating disorders. The actress details her journey to self-acceptance in her new book, 'Unbearable Lightness: A Story...
- Posted Nov 1st 2010 at 06:41 AM by PopEater Staff
Portia de Rossi is a skinny lady; anyone who watched her three-season stint on 'Arrested Development' or has seen her on the red carpet with wife Ellen DeGeneres knows that. But back in the 1990s, when she launched her career in the United States with a role on 'Ally McBeal,' the actress was struggling daily with anorexia, an affliction that once brought her weight down to 82 pounds. The 5'8''...
- Posted Sep 23rd 2010 at 05:00 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Portia de Rossi has officially taken wife Ellen DeGeneres' last name. A Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner granted De Rossi's request to take the last name of her partner during a closed hearing Thursday. The television star will now legally be known as Portia Lee James DeGeneres. The couple was married in August 2008. The 37-year-old Australian-born actress asked for the name change last...
- Posted Mar 15th 2010 at 03:00 PM by PopEater Staff
With her talk show and multiple endorsement deals, Ellen DeGeneres may have a full plate, but a slight push from wife Portia de Rossi was all it took to get the comedienne onto the 'American Idol' stage. "I was like, 'Honey, that's it. Go get another job,'" de Rossi jokes. In an interview with PEOPLE, de Rossi expressed her relief over not having her wife's job. "It's hard, especially when the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lindsay Lohan Reveals She Had a Miscarriage
- Game of Thrones Recap: The Ends Justify the Mean (Spoilers)
- The Royals Go Wild, Miley Cyrus Channels a Duck & More Weekend News
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- ?Turn' react: It's Jamie Bell's show after all
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during ?Hedwig' performance
- PopWatch Planner: ?Parks and Rec' finale, ?The Blacklist' big episode, ?John Oliver' premiere, and more
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion Part 1 Ends in a Shocking Brawl Between Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore
- True Blood: "There's No One Left" in the First Trailer for the Final Season—Watch Now!
- Lindsay Lohan Reveals She Had a Miscarriage on the Season Finale of Her OWN Show