Posts with tag "precious"
- Posted Mar 17th 2010 at 11:30 AM by Wendy Gould
Gabourey Sidibe is, without a doubt, an actress with a peculiar talent. Not only is she gifted when it comes to adopting new personalities and displaying them on the big screen, she's also beautiful, positive and relatable to a wide audience. Though it's understandable for people to be concerned with her weight, to boycott her movies or refuse to watch them is not necessary. Personally, I think it...
- Posted Mar 17th 2010 at 11:18 AM by Linda Leseman
It's no secret that Gabourey Sidibe gave a heart-wrenching performance of a lifetime in 'Precious.' It's also no secret that her weight could limit the number of roles she's offered in the future. This raises an important question: Do we champion Sidibe's acting career despite the fact that she's a plus-sized woman, because of that fact or regardless of it? That Hollywood adores stick thin...
- Posted Feb 9th 2010 at 10:19 AM by PopEater Staff
Although Gabourey Sidibe recently earned an Academy Award nomination for her performance in last year's 'Precious,' her mother is still singing underground in New York City subway stations to make money. Alice Tan Ridley shows up at least three times a week to sing her heart out and wow commuters with her R&B act. "My name is not on Gabby's paycheck," Ridley told The NY Post. "For a while,...
- Posted Feb 3rd 2010 at 01:53 AM by Sam Brand
OK, this is random. Totally random. We've put together a little collection of tweets about this year's ten Academy Award nominees for Best Picture: totally random people, from totally random countries, tweeting possibly random things about the best flicks of 2010. Stereotyping generally isn't cool. Matthew McConaughey isn't into trucks just 'cuz he's from Texas. And Hungarians don't hate 'Avatar'...
- Posted Jan 6th 2010 at 11:59 AM by PopEater Staff
Mariah Carey's performance in 'Precious' is good enough to win her awards, but it's her acceptance speech at the Palm Springs Film Festival last night that has people buzzing. The singer-actress accepted her award for Breakthrough Actress her role in the critically-loved film ... and that's when things got interesting. Watch Mariah's bizarre acceptance speech after the jump!...
- Posted Nov 27th 2009 at 10:23 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
Oscar buzz may be swarming around 'Precious' star Gabourey Sidibe, but the new-found star is boycotting the internet after finding hurtful comments about her size online. The actress was plucked from obscurity to star as troubled teen Precious in the highly-acclaimed movie, which follows an overweight pregnant teen girl trying to make it in Harlem....
- Posted Nov 16th 2009 at 11:11 AM by Amber James
'Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire' is the movie everyone was talking about this weekend. After wowing the festival circuit earlier this year -- receiving a standing ovation at Cannes and being the first film ever to win the Audience awards at both Sundance and Toronto -- PopEater wondered if the film would live up to its Oscar buzz. We decided to asked our Facebook and Twitter fans...
- Posted Nov 6th 2009 at 06:51 PM by Sam Brand
Wondering why 'Stephanie Seymour,' 'Berns Triplets,' and 'Precious Movie' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight......
- Posted Oct 3rd 2009 at 06:00 AM by Bryan Alexander
When Oprah Winfrey led a parade of A-listers on the red carpet at the Toronto Film Festival recently, comparisons to the Beatles on 'Ed Sullivan' quickly came to mind. The reaction from onlookers was rapturous. There to promote 'Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire,' Winfrey appeared genuinely touched by the rabid Canadian reception, clutching her hand to her heart in thanks. But the...
- Posted Sep 20th 2009 at 09:53 AM by PopEater Staff
The Oprah Winfrey-produced movie about an illiterate and pregnant Harlem teenager has won the top prize at the Toronto Film Festival. 'Precious' introduces film goers to newcomer Gabourey Sidibe and features a shocking turn by Mo'Nique, who plays Precious's abusive mom. Watch Trailer: ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- All About the Judge Who Married Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
- Snooki's Son Meets JWoww's Daughter - and It's Adorable
- Check Out Kim Kardashian's Very Sheer Leather Bodysuit Gown - From All Angles
- Alleged hacked McKayla Maroney pics banned from Reddit; site says she would be underage in them
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- In ?Velocity 2X,' new-school speed meets old-school charm
- Loki fans, rejoice: Here's an entire movie about him
- Warner Bros. registers four superhero-movie domain names: Is this DC Phase 2?
- Michael Sam to Undergo a Physical for the Dallas Cowboys: Will He Be Joining Tony Romo's Team?!
- Ryan Seacrest and Talking Cat Team Up for One Epic Morning—Watch the Funny Clip!
- Ouch! Cara Delevingne Falls Flat on Her Back at GQ Men of the Year Awards—See the Hilarious Pic!