Posts with tag "prince"
- Posted Jun 8th 2011 at 02:10 AM by Spinner Editors
The artist still known as Prince really doesn't like it when people take his picture. He's a notorious control freak when it comes to his image and his team has instructed ushers at all of his 'Welcome 2 America' tour stops to vigilantly enforce the no-photo rule, even if people try to snap them on their cell phones. And yet, aware of the irony, midway through his shows, Prince often encoura...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 10:32 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
A new report claims that a pre-Grammys party in Hollywood was graced by Prince, but only after another singer was disinvited. R&B crooner Eric Benet -- Halle Berry's ex-husband, now engaged to Prince's ex-wife, Manuela Testolini -- was shut out of the Essence Black Women in Music event last week, the NY Post says, because organizers believed the couple would make Prince uncomfortable. Th...
- Posted Jan 22nd 2011 at 08:27 AM by Christine Fenno
Singer Eric Benet, whose divorce from Halle Berry was finalized in 2005, has just announced that he plans to tie the knot with girlfriend Manuela Testolini. Currently on vacation in Egypt celebrating their engagement, the two are planning a summer wedding, according to USA Today. The bride-to-be, formerly known as Manuela Testolini Nelson, was married to Prince from 2001 to 2006. She is the ...
- Posted Jan 20th 2011 at 08:00 PM by Jo Piazza
Pop-Ed: When performers get to be a certain age and have paid many, many dues in an unforgiving industry, they start to see themselves as transcendent. They cease to be average people and rise to the top of Mt. Olympus as godlike figures. We've seen it happen with stars like Madonna and Elton John and now, though he has admittedly always seen himself as something apart, Prince has joined their ...
- Posted Jul 6th 2010 at 12:12 PM by PopEater Staff
The Internet officially ended its bold and exciting run of relevancy, according to pop culture touchstone and 'Batdance' singer Prince. "The Internet's completely over," the 52-year-old recording artist told the UK's Daily Mirror. "The Internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your he...
- Posted Feb 11th 2010 at 05:01 PM by Shelley White
- Filed under:
- Music News
Now is definitely Ke$ha's moment. Her party anthem 'Tik Tok' sold more downloads in a single week than any female artist in history, hitting number one in five countries. Her album 'Animal' debuted atop the US Billboard chart. And she's already got a notorious backstory that would make Madonna jealous. Kesha Rose Sebert grew up in Nashville as the daughter of songwriter and single mom Pebe Sebe...
- Posted Feb 6th 2010 at 10:53 AM by Mike Ryan
The Who will be performing at halftime of Super Bowl XLIV this Sunday. Or, more accurately, Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, with some other people, will be performing at halftime, -- considering bassist John Entwistle died in 2002 and drummer Keith Moon died in 1978. (If Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr were the halftime act, would they be billed as "The Beatles"?) The Super Bowl halftime show h...
- Posted Jan 22nd 2010 at 01:52 PM by Sam Brand
Minnesota native Prince "saw the future" while watching the Vikings throttle the Cowboys last week. He's created a pop-slash-fight song to take Brett Favre and team to the Super Bowl. Diane von Furstenberg appeared on 'The View' to plug a new collection of home furnishings. And jilted mistress YaVaughnie Wilkins has spent $250,000 on billboards to take revenge on millionaire mogul Charles Phillips...
- Posted Jan 11th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Kenneth Partridge
- Filed under:
- Music News
At his Friday night solo show at New York City's Beacon Theater, Nick Jonas took time to bring out a pair of very special guests, proving the formula that if 2,000 teenage girls scream at X decibels for one Jonas Brother, they will risk hoarseness -- and the deafness of their parents -- to screech at 3X for three Jonas Brothers. "There are two people I want to share this moment with," Nick said...
- Posted Dec 18th 2009 at 12:03 PM by Mike Hess
Boyz II Men changed the game when it comes to R&B singing, harmony and the public's tolerance for love songs. Boy banders have nothing on the Philly natives, who are the best selling male group of all time -- and they're back to take the music industry by storm with 'Love,' an album full of covers you might not expect from the pitch-perfect pals. PopEater was lucky enough to chat with Boyz II ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Woman Attempts Romantic Kisses with Strangers in Grand Central Station
- Helen Mirren Has the Best Workout Advice Ever: Wear a Fabulous Outfit!
- Inside American Idol Contestant Joey Cook's 'Beautiful' Engagement
- Luke Bryan's recalls crying at his first ACM Awards when seeing Reba walk out
- David Duchovny talks 'The X-Files': Who's coming back
- Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts' guitarist Jeremy Brown dies at 34
- Soleil Moon Frye Shows Off 40-Pound Weight Loss in a Skimpy Swimsuit—Check Out Her Hot Bod!
- Zayn Malik Doesn't Look Like He's Missing One Direction One Bit While on Vacation With Perrie Edwards: See Their PDA Pic!
- Alright! The Going Rate for a Matthew McConnaughey Speech Is $135,000