Posts with tag "rainn wilson"
- Posted Mar 31st 2011 at 10:31 PM by Nicki Gostin
Rainn Wilson stars as Frank D'Arbo, aka The Crimson Bolt, in the hilarious movie 'Super,' which opens this Friday. You can of course also see Wilson as the most irritating and odd office worker ever on 'The Office,' going strong in its seventh season. The wonderfully offbeat actor spoke to us, of course, about Steve Carell's last season on the NBC comedy, working with Ellen Page and whether he...
- Posted Nov 5th 2010 at 02:30 PM by PopEater Staff
'The Office' star Rainn Wilson, who plays the bumbling Dwight Schrute on the hit series, has a few questions for everyone. Wilson recently published 'SoulPancake: Chew on Life's Big Questions,' and to promote his tome, the actor got a little upset on the set of his show. Watch It Happen ...
- Posted Sep 27th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Jo Piazza
On 'The Office,' Rainn Wilson is the lovable, bumbly, eccentric and, yes, sometimes creepy paper salesman Dwight Schrute. In real life, he is also lovable and sometimes he bumbles, but he is much less creepy and eccentric. The biggest difference between Rainn and Dwight is something a lot of Americans still might not know about the actor -- his intense spirituality. Wilson is a member of the...
- Posted Jul 27th 2010 at 01:49 PM by Catherine Donaldson-Evans
Portland web design startup Think Brilliant sued 'The Office' star Rainn Wilson earlier this month for more than $11 million, claiming he failed to properly pay the company for its work developing his quirky, philosophical website SoulPancake, and even saying he hacked into confidential records. Now Wilson is firing back. The 44-year-old actor is countersuing Think Brilliant for "brazen fraud...
- Posted Mar 29th 2010 at 12:00 PM by Zach Dionne
Remember when Dwight adapted his infamous beet farm into an agrotourism hot spot on 'The Office'? So do visitors to TripAdvisor.com, who keep the myth of Schrute Farms alive and well -- the fictional Pennsylvanian bed and breakfast boasts more than 600 reviews and a recommendation rating of 82 percent. The site's chief marketing officer, Christine Petersen, told the New York Times, "We don't...
- Posted Feb 26th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Zach Dionne
With John Krasinski facing off against comparative no-names for the role of Captain America, he could very well end up donning the tights in the forthcoming film adaptation of the popular comic. How about the rest of 'The Office'? Steve Carell ditching the NBC hit for a full-time career on the silver screen somehow still hasn't materialized, but one day, our beloved prime time co-workers will...
- Posted Jan 20th 2010 at 08:31 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- TV News
We here at PopEater love us a good celebrity birthday. So, when we saw it was our pal Rainn Wilson's birthday, we felt obliged to with 'The Office' star a big old happy one. He's the only person we've ever discussed flesh-eating badgers with, so he has a warm place in our heart. And, in true PopEater fashion, what better way to display birthday love than with a Blingee? So, here's to you,...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 02:51 PM by Steven Avalos
Since news of NBC's Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien conundrum broke, the Internet has been up in arms -- mostly showing support for Conan. On Twitter, hashtags like #TeamConan and #GoConan are on the rise. Now everyone from Josh Groban to Ice T are voicing their allegiance to Team Conan via the social networking site. And although 'The Office' star Rainn Wilson (@RainnWilson) may have his hands tied...
- Posted Sep 24th 2009 at 11:59 PM by Mike Hess
Seventy years ago this week, the film world changed forever with the release of 'The Wizard of Oz.' The classic film still stands the test of time despite its 1939 release, but since remakes are all the rage these days, it got us thinking about who would be great in different 'Oz' roles. So, we're leaving it up to you to pick who should be cast for each prominent role in the film. After the jump,...
- Posted Aug 20th 2009 at 03:17 PM by PopEater Staff
Anyone who's watched 'The Office' will tell you that Rainn Wilson's Dwight Schrute character is one of the show's highlights. Wilson is so good, in fact, his deadpan and hyper-serious portrayal of Dwight scored him an Emmy nomination (his third) this year for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series. PopEater was lucky enough to chat with Rainn via AIM to ask him all about his 'Office'...
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Voice's Top 10 Is Revealed in Dramatic - and Confusing - Fashion
- Get the Look: Whitney Port's Pretty Dinner Table
- The Wahlberg Family's Boston Marathon Photo Diary
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- ?Supernatural' recap: Killing things that need killing
- ?Agents of SHIELD' react: A little night music
- ?Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day