Posts with tag "randy quaid"
- Posted Sep 19th 2010 at 08:24 AM by Christine Fenno
Love is patient, love is...kind of creating a mountain of legal problems for these two, no? Serial scofflaws Randy and Evi Quaid are facing felony burglary charges after they were placed under arrest Saturday afternoon in Southern California, the AP reports. Cops also charged Evi Quaid with resisting arrest. Sheriff's deputies were first alerted yesterday to the presence of illegal squatters...
- Posted Apr 29th 2010 at 06:45 AM by PopEater Staff
Randy and Evi Quaid won't end up back in jail. The case against the pair, who failed to pay a $10K hotel bill, subsequently missed several court dates and spent some time behind bars, is over, PEOPLE reports. Charges against the actor have been dropped, while Evi pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor. A judge ordered her to perform 240 hours of community service. "You pay your bills when...
- Posted Apr 26th 2010 at 05:05 PM by PopEater Staff
After failing to pay a $10,000 hotel bill and becoming fugitives just over a week ago, Randy Quaid and his wife Evi were jailed in California today. "The Quaids arrived at court Monday morning with their attorney Robert Sanger and a bail bondsman. They went before judge Frank Ochoa and their attorney attempted to reinstate their old bail," RadarOnline reports. Santa Barbara District Attorney...
- Posted Apr 18th 2010 at 08:47 AM by PopEater Staff
The man who played an Amish bowler and a disgusting in-law is trying a new role on for size today: fugitive from the law. Randy Quaid skipped out on two more court dates this week on charges he and his wife, Evi, defrauded an innkeeper, and prosecutors say time is up for the quirky actor. "If they're picked up in California, they will be put in jail," Santa Barbara Senior Deputy District...
- Posted Apr 14th 2010 at 01:51 AM by PopEater Staff
After failing to show up for a court appearance in Santa Barbara on Monday on charges they defrauded an innkeeper, Randy Quaid and his wife are once again wanted by authorities, the Associated Press reports. Senior Deputy District Attorney Lee Carter says they also didn't show up when their case was again called on Tuesday. Arrest warrants have been repeatedly sought and later quashed for the...
- Posted Dec 23rd 2009 at 08:08 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Though they hoped their legal troubles were over, Randy and Evi Quaid were summoned to court Tuesday to answer felony charges of defrauding an innkeeper, the Associated Press reports. The couple skipped previous hearings without explanation after being accused of using an invalid credit card to defraud San Ysidro Ranch of more than $10,000. They plead not guilty....
- Posted Nov 11th 2009 at 06:29 AM by PopEater Staff
Randy Quaid and his wife Evi don't have to worry about getting shackled and thrown in the back of a squad car any time soon. An arrest warrant has been dropped for the couple, who are accused of stiffing a posh hotel out of $10,000. The prosecutor in the case, Lee Carter, says the warrante was removed after the Quaids posted their bail of $20,000 each last week. The Quaids' attorney, Robert...
- Posted Nov 9th 2009 at 11:40 AM by PopEater Staff
After allegedly fleeing from a $10,000 bill at the upscale San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Babra, CA, Randy Quaid's reputation has been diminished. PEOPLE examines the life of the once respected funnyman and his wife, Evi Quaid. Check It Out...
- Posted Nov 6th 2009 at 06:45 AM by PopEater Staff
There is no longer an outstanding warrant for the arrest of Randy and Evi Quaid, after the couple posted their bond, PEOPLE reports. The Quaids were accused of running out on a $10K hotel bill, and skipped four voluntary court appearances leading to the arrest warrant. They faced extradition to California and jail time until they paid $20K each....
- Posted Oct 31st 2009 at 09:42 AM by PopEater Staff
Making an already bizarre story even more surreal, Evi Quaid reportedly sent nude photos of herself to a Seattle newspaper weeks before she and her actor husband Randy were arrested for skipping out on a massive hotel bill....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber Detained by Customs at Los Angeles Airport
- Happy Birthday, Kelly Clarkson! Make a Sangria Mocktail in Honor of the Star
- William & Kate Rise at Dawn to Honor War Veterans
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'
- James Earl Jones to return to Broadway this fall in ?You Can't Take It With You'
- Man dressed as Spider-Man is running for political office in India
- ?The Twilight Saga: Eclipse': Bad Lip Reading version ? VIDEO
- This Hockey Player Gave a Young Fan His Hockey Stick and the Kid Had the Most Adorable Reaction Ever
- Lindsay Lohan Says Her Last Drink Was "a Long Amount of Time" Ago, but Admits It Was After Leaving Treatment
- Justin Bieber Denied! Singer Detained by U.S. Immigration Officials After Flying Into Los Angeles From Japan