Posts with tag "reality tv"
- Posted Mar 31st 2011 at 02:10 PM by Emily Hall
While reality shows have made superstars out of scores of regular people, those aspiring to loftier heights may want to reconsider it as a route to fame. After all, has there been a single reality star who has come close to being the next Meryl Streep, Al Pacino or Britney Spears? We think not. Pursuing a legitimate career in entertainment takes dedication, patience and study with experts. Not...
- Posted Jan 26th 2011 at 12:57 PM by Sarah Crow
Since the early 1990s, when MTV rolled out the first season of its ever-enduring homage to voyeruism, 'The Real World,' reality television and its stars have become an inescapabale part of our cultural lexicon. From the waist-whittling starvation on 'Survivor' to the brutal effects of 'Bridalplasty,' we've come to see our own lives and the disturbing-yet-somehow-enviable lives of drunk, naked...
- Posted Nov 21st 2010 at 01:00 PM by Catherine Donaldson-Evans
Hollywood has long been a land full of blessings -- and curses. You've heard of the 'Seinfeld' curse (on its popular stars, who struggled to find good roles after the huge hit ended), the 'Poltergeist' curse (on cast members who met with unexpected or violent deaths), and this spring's much-hyped Oscar curse (on Best Actress winners whose marriages crumble). But recent headlines beg the...
- Posted Oct 27th 2010 at 01:45 PM by Sarah Crow
- Filed under:
- TV News
Audrina Patridge has finally moved past the meaningful silences that made her famous on "The Hills." The former "Dancing With the Stars" contestant has landed her own reality show on VH1, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The show, developed by 'Survivor' producer Mark Burnett, centers around the starlet and her family as they learn the ins and outs of juggling their lives and careers in...
- Posted Sep 29th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Zach Dionne
The 'Sister Wives' family getting investigated for felony bigamy kinda stole the thunder from an office convo we were hoping to have after Sunday night's premiere -- we were dying to discuss the fact that 'Sister Wives' is basically HBO's 'Big Love,' reality TV-ified. Now we're stuck making flashcards reminding ourselves that 'Big Love' equals fiction and 'Sister Wives' equals fact, though both...
- Posted Jul 1st 2010 at 07:30 AM by John Mitchell
As Oprah Winfrey's focus shifts from the day-to-day grind of hosting her talk show to running her namesake television network, OWN – The Oprah Winfrey Network, the TV legend is searching for the next big thing. Earlier this year, Winfrey announced a contest to give some lucky person their very own reality TV show on her new network. The competition has become hugely popular -- 9,504...
- Posted Feb 4th 2010 at 01:38 PM by Steven Avalos
Just when you thought you'd seen the last of her, reality TV staple Kate Gosselin is returning to the small screen this March. US Weekly reports that the busy mom will be reprising a guest host spot over at 'The View,' along with a new TLC reality show-- this time without the kids. Kate, who will start on The View on March 11, last appeared on the show in September of 2009 during the height of...
- Posted Feb 1st 2010 at 05:00 PM by Jo Piazza
Bret Michaels went from hard-partying rock star in eighties hair band Poison to lovelorn reality television dating contestant on VH1's 'Rock of Love with Bret Michaels.' After three seasons Michaels didn't find found the love he was looking for among the tattooed and surgically enhanced groups of ladies. These days he maintains an on-again off-again relationship with the mother of his two...
- Posted Jan 28th 2010 at 03:50 PM by Jo Piazza
Ozzy Osbourne asks readers to forgive him at the start of his autobiography, 'I Am Ozzy.' The godfather of heavy metal admits his memory of his life story might not be perfect after all the booze, coke, acid, Quaaludes, glue, cough mixture 9and too many other heavy-duty substances to list) he has consumed over the past forty years. Osbourne didnt actually write 'I Am Ozzy.' He dictated his...
- Posted Jan 27th 2010 at 02:43 PM by Mike Hess
With word that the fun-loving, tan-tastic kids of MTV's 'Jersey Shore' are renegotiating their contracts so that they earn $10,000 per episode in a new season, a few thoughts went through our mind. Firstly: Damn, that's a lot of money (though with their ratings, we say they deserve it whether they're buffoons or not). And secondly ... what could/should they buy with their newfound wealth? So,...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Britney Spears Addresses Cheating Rumors During Las Vegas Show
- See How Stars Spent Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Family Wedding Album Appears in PEOPLE
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by ?The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- 11 Times Lifetime's Saved By the Bell Movie Ruined Our Childhood