Posts with tag "rebecca black"
- Posted Jun 17th 2011 at 06:55 AM by Kelly Fisher
Today's Friday but there's no Rebecca Black to be found on YouTube. The teenager-turned-YouTube sensation has pulled her video for 'Friday' from the site due to a legal issue over her image. Accord to TMZ, Black has been threatening to sue her label, Ark Music Factory, claiming they have exploited her image and catchy 'Friday' song. As a result of the impending legal battle, Black's team...
- Posted Jun 13th 2011 at 05:03 PM by Marc Schneider
UPDATE 6:10 | Internet Wins! 'Friday' is back to being totally free to enjoy. We'll update if/when we get to the bottom of this experiment gone awry. UPDATE 5:16 | The video that started a thousand memes has been removed entirely. Gotta make your mind up. People have clicked "play" on Rebecca Black's 'Friday' video over 165 million times. That's half the U.S. population joining the...
- Posted Jun 8th 2011 at 09:35 AM by Kiki Von Glinow
It looks like Rebecca Black isn't the only one who's got friday night fever. If you look closely, the internet sensation makes an appearance in Katy Perry's forthcoming 'Last Friday Night' music video. But the 13-year-old may be in the doghouse if her parents catch wind of her cameo in the 80s flashback rager -- alongside a parent's worst nightmare, Perry, no less. The video shows a geeked out...
- Posted May 16th 2011 at 08:31 AM by Kelly Fisher
YouTube sensation and 'Friday' singer Rebecca Black is in the news again thanks to a nasty pregnancy rumor that spread like wildfire over the weekend. However, the 13-year-old singer set the record straight on Twitter Sunday. "I thought it was May 15th...not April Fools Day. I'm absolutely NOT pregnant," Black tweeted, putting to rest the unsettling rumors. Just like the music video for...
- Posted May 6th 2011 at 03:47 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
We all know that the cast of 'Glee' loves to "get down" so what better song to cover than Rebecca Black's seizure-inducing YouTube hit 'Friday.' The singing high school cast performed the Internet-borne hit for their May 10 'Prom Queen' episode, according to Just Jared. Although the cast didn't have much to go on in terms of the song's impressively vapid lyrics, they made it work. The...
- Posted Apr 28th 2011 at 03:45 PM by Rae Votta
Update: The previous version of this article incorrectly stated that Rebecca Black was performing at the awards show. She only appeared as a host and presenter. While Rebecca Black may be popular for getting down on a Friday, this Thursday she'll make her debut award show appearance in Las Vegas at MTV's inaugural O Music Awards, celebrating the best of web content. Sources tell PopEater...
- Posted Apr 20th 2011 at 04:45 AM by Christo Varghese
YouTube sensation Rebecca Black has recently received death threats serious enough that police are investigating them. Reuters is reporting that the Anaheim, Calif., police department is looking into two death threats made against Black, 13, who is best known for her much-maligned Internet hit 'Friday.' A spokesman for the Anaheim police said, "In essence, the threats were related to getting...
- Posted Apr 14th 2011 at 01:20 PM by AOL TV Editors
The cast of 'Glee' will be having "fun, fun, fun, fun" pretty soon. Confused? Well, it was bound to happen. The cast of 'Glee' will reportedly cover Rebecca Black's YouTube sensation 'Friday.' According to Vulture, the song will get the 'Glee' treatment from cast members Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet and Mark Salling. This isn't the first time 'Glee' has covered an uber-popular song. They...
- Posted Apr 4th 2011 at 01:20 PM by AOL Music Editors
Rebecca Black may consider legal action against the producers of her song 'Friday.' In a letter from their lawyer, Brian Schall, the 13-year-old singer and her mother Georgina Marquez Kelly are accusing the Los Angeles producers, Ark Music Factory, of copyright infringement and unlawful exploitation of her likeness and song on YouTube, iTunes, Amazon and Ark's website, according to a report in...
- Posted Apr 2nd 2011 at 12:29 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Stephen Colbert lost a bet this week, but we're all winners, because after Jimmy Fallon proved he could raise more than $25,000 for charity, Colbert had to sing Rebecca Black's ubiquitous 'Friday' on 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.' The performance resulted in an undeniably fun ("fun, fun, fun") musical extravaganza, complete with cheerleaders and a cameo by an 'American Idol' winner. Colbert,...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Leslie Jones Named New SNL Cast Member
- Oscar de la Renta Is Dead at 82
- DWTS: Which Celeb Scored Well But Still Got Booted?
- Oscar de la Renta, fashion designer, dies at 82, report says
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Taylor Swift Releases Latest Single "Welcome to New York"—and Fans Are Already Obsessed With It!
- Oscar de la Renta Dead at 82; Fashion Designer Dressed Countless Celebrities, First Ladies and Other Style Icons
- Zac Efron Celebrates 27th Birthday With Rumored Girlfriend Sami Miró in Amsterdam—All the Details!