Posts with tag "rescue me"
- Posted Jun 29th 2010 at 12:32 AM by Scott Harris
For the last six years, FX's 'Rescue Me' has performed one of the most compelling high-wire acts in television history, expertly mixing high drama with gut-busting comedy, often in the same scene. And at the center of it all, of course, has been Denis Leary, whose portrayal of a New York fireman dealing with personal demons has turned Tommy Gavin into one of the most memorable characters ever to g...
- Posted Jun 28th 2010 at 10:10 AM by Mike Hess
For five seasons, Denis Leary has shocked, stunned, amazed and flat-out cracked up anyone who watches 'Rescue Me,' his hit firefighter show that's returning to FX June 29 for its sixth season. The show's balance of hysterically funny and tear-inducing sad -- coupled with lots and lots of psychotic and socially terrible behavior -- is what makes it so appealing to its fans. PopEater got the chance ...
- Posted Apr 7th 2010 at 07:59 AM by Andrew Scott
Maura Tierney is on her way to a speedy recovery. The actress, who last year was forced to drop out of the NBC drama 'Parenthood' to undergo treatment for breast cancer, will reprise her role as Kelly McPhee on 'Rescue Me,' according to an exclusive report from TV Guide. But don't get too excited: While Tierney has already filmed some of her scenes, executive producer and star Denis Leary to...
- Posted Jan 12th 2010 at 03:20 PM by Kipp Tribble
It's hard to believe that the Internet, DVDs and smartphones haven't been around forever. We can't imagine not going online several times a day to check our e-mail, Google our neighbor's name, update our status on 20+ social media sites, or spending 1/3rd of our day texting. Technology has become almost as essential to us as oxygen. And celebrities have recognized our need for it. PopEater now t...
- Posted Sep 11th 2009 at 06:45 AM by PopEater Staff
With her career in full swing and roles in multiple shows, 44-year-old 'ER' veteran Maura Tierney is dropping everything to undergo further treatment for breast cancer. Tierney announced on Thursday that she was dropping out of NBC's new series 'Parenthood' in order to treat the disease, of which she claims her doctors are optimistic about the outcome. Tierney also had a major role on the m...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jemmye Carroll on Ryan Knight: 'I Will Forever Tell His Stories'
- Angelina Jolie: 'I Have Seen Nothing Like the Suffering I'm Witnessing Now' in Refugee Camps
- For $100,000, This Company Will Guarantee You a Rain-Free Wedding
- Larry Wilmore takes on ?American Sniper' on ?The Nightly Show'
- Katie Holmes to portray businesswoman in 'Ray Donovan'
- 2 Chainz considers running for mayor in hometown
- Jessica Chobot previews 2015's most exciting releases, from ?No Man's Sky' to ?Mad Max'
- ?Grim Fandango' creator Tim Schafer on the adventure-game revival
- Gabrielle Union Recasts Bring It On, Reveals Surprise Dream Role and Talks Importance of Strengthening Her Own Brand
- Ariana Grande vs. Russell Wilson: Who Rocked a Seattle Seahawks Jersey Better? Find Out Whose Look the Quarterback's Teammates Prefer!
- Hugh Jackman's "Slightly Frozen" Puppy Is So Adorable After Surviving Snowmageddon—See the Cute Pics!