Posts with tag "rick sanchez"
- Posted Oct 7th 2010 at 09:30 PM by PopEater Staff
One week after getting fired from CNN for calling Jon Stewart a bigot in a radio interview, newsman Rick Sanchez wants to set the record straight. "I did not intend to say that," the Cuban-born reporter told RumorFix.com exclusively, "but I said it -- it's my mistake." The 52-year-old realizes he messed up, even if he didn't intend to say what he said. "If you screw up unintentionally, you...
- Posted Oct 6th 2010 at 03:50 PM by PopEater Staff
Rick Sanchez has broken his silence nearly a week after a radio interview cost him his job at CNN. The former anchor, who called Jon Stewart a "bigot" and said "everybody that runs CNN is a lot like" the 'Daily Show' star, released a statement Wednesday through a publicist to apologize for his "tired and mangled words." He describes apologizing to Stewart for his "inartful comments" and then...
- Posted Oct 3rd 2010 at 08:24 AM by Christine Fenno
Jon Stewart stayed mum during the recent commotion over at CNN, where Rick Sanchez was fired this week (after a six-year career at the network) because of inflammatory -- now infamous -- remarks he made on a satellite radio program about Stewart's ethnicity and upbringing. However, at a fundraiser in New York City last night, the stand-up comic in Stewart couldn't resist making a few cracks...
- Posted Oct 1st 2010 at 09:50 PM by PopEater Staff
CNN's Rick Sanchez was fired Friday after telling an interviewer that 'The Daily Show' host Jon Stewart is a bigot and that "everybody that runs CNN is a lot like Stewart," The New York Times reports. Sanchez, a daytime anchor on the network, was making an appearance on comedian Pete Dominick's satellite radio show Thursday when he made the disparaging comments. After calling Stewart a bigot,...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Barbra Streisand on Marriage, Music and Motherhood
- PEOPLE's 2014 Best Dressed List ? Illustrated!
- Fergie & Josh Duhamel's Fun-Filled Family Photos
- Rob Lowe: I struggled with monogamy
- 'Good Wife' co-creator says show is done killing off characters
- Neeson season: Liam's films ranked from worst to best
- The View Controversy: Are Co-Hosts Rosie O'Donnell and Nicolle Wallace Already Clashing?
- LeAnn Rimes Mocks Tabloid Stories About Her Marriage to Eddie Cibrian, Suggests a New Headline
- X-Men Spinoff Deadpool Set for February 2016 Release—Will Ryan Reynolds Reprise His Role?