Posts with tag "ricky martin"
- Posted Apr 3rd 2010 at 07:51 AM by Caitlin McCormack
- Filed under:
- Quips & Quotes
In this day of celebrity entourages and PR protection, it's rare for a star to make a false statement. But Hollywood is nowhere near perfect, and every so often its peeps will make an off-colour comment or reveal more than they intended to. We keep you informed of the most noteworthy Tinseltown talk with our weekly installment of celebrity Quips & Quotes. This week: Marlee Matlin...
- Posted Apr 1st 2010 at 12:30 PM by Zach Dionne
In my real life, I love April Fools' Day. Not because I'm a prankster, but because I'm an idiot who loves yelling APRIL FOOLS! at inopportune moments, particularly in a newsroom full of serious newsfolk dreading the effects of such a pinheaded day on their collective newsiness. But in my pop culture blogger life, I've spent the past two -- nay, three -- days dreading the big April 1. Know...
- Posted Mar 30th 2010 at 09:08 PM by Mike Ryan
Just when everyone had pretty much stopped asking, Ricky Martin finally announced that, yes, he is gay. On Monday, Martin announced via his Web site, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am." In a way, it's quite admirable that he never made his sexual preference public knowledge (even though, you know, it was) before he was good and ready. Once...
- Posted Mar 30th 2010 at 11:29 AM by PopEater Staff
In a special guest post, Jarrett Barrios, the President of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, writes about why Ricky Martin outing himself is important. Below, Barrios discusses Martin's decision and how it's a "game changer." A high school friend messaged me on Facebook last night. She'd been so angry back in 1984 when Menudo replaced Ricky Melendez -- who had grown too old --...
- Posted Mar 29th 2010 at 04:42 PM by PopEater Staff
After years of fighting off rumors about his sexuality, Latin singer Ricky Martin has finally just posted the following message on his official Web site, coming out and telling the world he is gay. "Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment. These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth...
- Posted Mar 9th 2010 at 07:05 AM by PopEater Staff
Looking back on her past interviews, Barbara Walters regrets trying to force singer Ricky Martin to open up about his sexuality in a 2000 interview and reveals that her questioning may have ended his career. "In 2000, I pushed Ricky Martin very hard to admit if he was gay or not, and the way he refused to do it made everyone decide that he was," she told The Toronto Star. "A lot of people say that...
- Posted Oct 21st 2009 at 01:04 PM by PopEater Staff
We know you can't keep track of all the twitter celebrities, so we're cutting through the social media jungle to give you the best, worst and most absurd celebrity tweets of the day. See what celebrities on Twitter like Kim Kardashian, Joel Madden, Ricky Martin and Denise Richards are doing in 140 characters or less... Today's Best Celebrity Twitters >> ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Woman Who Drove Children into Ocean Charged With Attempted Murder
- Murders Prompt Fears of a Serial Killer in Washington D.C. Suburbs
- Martha Stewart Answers the Internet's Questions on Sex, Tacos and Truffle Oil
- Experts explain release of Justin Bieber's jail footage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Shailene Woodley bisexual? Star implies she could find love with a woman
- IDW to release Harlan Ellison's ?Star Trek' tale ?The City on the Edge of Tomorrow' as new graphic novel
- Jimmy Kimmel enlists ?Scandal' stars for Spanish series ?Escandalo' ? VIDEO
- President Obama misspells Aretha Franklin's hit song ?Respect'
- The Voice: Find Out What It's Really Like to Be a Coach During the Blind Auditions in This Trippy Sneak Peek!
- Ke$ha Is No More, Singer Drops the Dollar Sign and Changes Twitter Handle After Leaving Rehab
- Jessica Simpson Reaches Her Goal Weight, Tweets Pic in a Sheer White Tee to Prove It—See the Skinny Shot!