Posts with tag "ricky gervais"
- Posted Mar 27th 2011 at 02:49 PM by Christine Fenno
Johnny Depp reportedly thinks life's too short to hold a grudge. The A-lister was targeted when Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais made fun of Depp's caper 'The Tourist' (co-starring Angelina Jolie) at the 2011 Globes ceremony in January. Yet despite some in Hollywood blasting Gervais' mean wisecracks, Reuters reports that Depp, 47, actually prefers to get in on the joke and work with the British...
- Posted Feb 26th 2011 at 05:02 PM by Christine Fenno
Ricky Gervais isn't letting any lingering controversy over his inflammatory Golden Globes material stop him from suggesting some new jokes for Sunday's Academy Awards. Kidding around with readers of his official website, Gervais posted a sample monologue he wrote for Oscar hosts James Franco and Anne Hathaway, including a wisecrack he'd have Franco make about his own nominated performance: "You...
- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 06:30 AM by Kelly Fisher
Comedian Ricky Gervais is worth a cool $80 million, according to the website Celebrity Net Worth. Talk about bringing home the bacon! The British funnyman took to his personal blog to talk about his ever-growing back accounts. "Wow! I think there must be a leak at my accountants..." he joked on the blog. "They are of course spot on. I know it sounds a lot, but remember, I donate a lot of thi...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2011 at 03:25 AM by PopEater Staff
Yesterday, it was reported that Ricky Gervais revealed he has been asked to present the Golden Globes next year. But the actor and comedian was unsure if he would accept or reject the offer of hosting the awards show for a third time in a row. But the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) issued a statement denying that they had invited Gervais to host the Golden Globes next year. UsMag...
- Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 03:35 AM by PopEater Staff
Despite previous reports that Ricky Gervais was banned from ever hosting the Golden Globes, it seems that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) might have had a change of heart. The Daily Mail reports that Gervais revealed in the U.K. magazine Heat that he has been asked to present the Golden Globes next year. But the actor and comedian did not say if he accepted or rejected the offer ...
- Posted Jan 25th 2011 at 06:13 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Ricky Gervais had no problem tearing apart Hollywood heavyweights at the Golden Globes, but a recently unearthed music video has given Tinseltown some leverage for getting back at the funny man. In 1982 during his senior year at university in England, Gervais and friend Bill Macrae formed a new wave synth-pop duo called Seona Dancing. So before Gervais was insulting movie stars and honing his c...
- Posted Jan 23rd 2011 at 11:09 AM by Christine Fenno
One of Hollywood's busiest writer-director-producers, Judd Apatow ('The 40-Year-Old Virgin,' 'Superbad,' 'Knocked Up,' the upcoming 'Wanderlust') took on hosting duties Saturday night at the Producers Guild Awards in Los Angeles. Of course, the elephant in the room was last week's controversial Golden Globes -- in fact, the PGA's took place in the very same Beverly Hilton ballroom -- and Apatow...
- Posted Jan 21st 2011 at 09:50 AM by Kelly Fisher
Ricky Gervais continues to defend his Golden Globes hosting gig and stopped by CNN's 'Piers Morgan Tonight' to discuss his jokes and jabs -- but not to apologize. "I'm not sorry for anything I said, because I'm not going to apologize for being true to myself," Gervais said. "I don't care what people think of me. I care if I've done a good job, and I care if I've told the truth." Gervais has ...
- Posted Jan 19th 2011 at 06:47 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Ricky Gervais is headed to 'The Office' right here in the USA. The comedian is the creator and star of the U.K.'s original version of the hit show, but this cameo role will mark his first appearance at the Scranton branch. AP reports that next Thursday, Jan. 27, Gervais will reprise his role as David Brent, the character he played in the original British version. It was Brent that served as the...
- Posted Jan 18th 2011 at 03:58 PM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
While critics continue to pile on to slam Ricky Gervais for his "corrosive tone" at the Golden Globes on Sunday night, the British comic isn't without his supporters. Count 'Summer of '69' rocker Bryan Adams in that bunch of fans who thought Ricky did a bang-up job. "I loved Ricky hosting the Golden Globes. He doesn't give a s**t," Bryan tells me. "Look, I'm going to say this because that's m...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Carrie Underwood Welcomes a Son
- WATCH: Cate Blanchett Gets Wicked in an Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Cinderella Clip
- George Clooney: 'My Wife's the Smart One'
- Carrie Underwood welcomes first child with husband Mike Fisher
- Jon Stewart kicks WWE's Seth Rollins where it hurts
- Brown family reportedly filming reality show amid Bobbi Kristina tragedy
- Duggar Family Cheers as Dad-to-Be Derick Dillard Tries to Run Over a Cat With His Sled—Watch Now
- Justin Bieber Desperate for Seth Rogen to Roast Him
- Viral Video of Naked Man Escaping From Buckingham Palace Revealed to be Launch of D-Throned Tabloid for E!'s The Royals!