Posts with tag "robert downey jr."
- Posted Jan 19th 2011 at 01:00 AM by Moviefone Editors
Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are currently hard at work on the sequel to Guy Ritchie's 'Sherlock Holmes,' and 'Entertainment Tonight' has been kind enough to share the first behind-the-scenes look at the film's progress. 'ET' cameras paid a visit to the set recently, where they were greeted by an unsettling sight: star Robert Downey Jr. in drag. Too bad Ricky Gervais didn't know about this --...
- Posted Jan 16th 2011 at 11:11 PM by PopEater Staff
We're going to guess Robert Downey Jr.'s wife wasn't too happy with her husband when he presented the award for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical at the Golden Globes. "I consider myself a veteran of sorts," he began on stage. "And I've made somewhat a study of this." "I don't know if an actress can do her best work, until I've slept with her, Julianne," Downey Jr. continued, referring to...
- Posted Jan 2nd 2011 at 01:15 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
In preparing for her 'Country Strong' role as a recovering alcoholic attempting a show-business comeback, Oscar winner Gwyneth Paltrow says she had so much difficulty understanding the mentality of substance abusers, she turned to her friend and 'Iron Man' co-star Robert Downey Jr. to help her get a handle on her character. And it sounds like his expertise was her secret weapon in mastering the...
- Posted Sep 7th 2010 at 01:07 PM by PopEater Staff
While Jamie Lee Curtis won't discuss her 'Freaky Friday' co-star Lindsay Lohan's recent troubles, she was willing to open up about her own struggle with drug addiction during an interview with Meredith Vieira on NBC's 'Today' show. "My recovery is the single greatest accomplishment of my life. And without that, the rest of my life would have fallen apart," Curtis, who appeared to promoted her...
- Posted May 4th 2010 at 11:00 AM by Jane Boursaw
Pop-Ed: It's no secret that marketing is a big part of the film and television industries, and the powers that be are always finding new and interesting ways to market their projects. Contrary to some folks, I really don't mind the rampant product placement found in movies and TV shows these days -- hey, if the employees at the Buy More on 'Chuck' want to eat Subway sandwiches, more power to...
- Posted May 1st 2010 at 12:55 PM by Caitlin McCormack
In this day of celebrity entourages and PR protection, it's rare for a star to make a false statement, but Hollywood is nowhere near perfect, and every so often its peeps will make an off-colour comment or reveal more than they intended. We stay on top of the most noteworthy Tinseltown talk with our weekly installment of celebrity Quips & Quotes. This week: Katy Perry says there's no reason...
- Posted Apr 19th 2010 at 05:40 PM by PopEater Staff
Meet Iron Man's latest nemesis: Eyjafjallajökull! According to the Hollywood Reporter, the ash emanating from the volcano in Iceland has canceled London's upcoming world premiere of 'Iron Man 2,' which was to be held on Apr. 26. But what's London's loss will soon be Los Angeles' gain, as the film's stars including Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson,...
- Posted Feb 26th 2010 at 01:42 PM by PopEater Staff
EXCLUSIVE: 'Iron Man 2' is sure to blow the roof off of the box office this summer, and as with any superhero or comic book movie, a full line of toys is set to accompany it. PopEater is proud to exclusively reveal the newest line of action figures from 'Iron Man 2,' with everyone from Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow to Samuel L. Jackson, who looks just as...
- Posted Jan 17th 2010 at 09:40 AM by Sam Brand
What's Sandra Bullock going to wear tonight?! You should be thinking about more important things, like how you're going to make money off tonight's Golden Globes. Who is Vegas picking to win Best Picture (Drama)? That would be 'Avatar' & 'Up in the Air.' But we don't think that's where the smart money is. The odds are out, the favorites are marked, and a few underdogs are poised to make a...
- Posted Jan 9th 2010 at 09:05 AM by Caitlin McCormack
- Filed under:
- Quips & Quotes
In this day of celebrity entourages and PR protection, it's rare for a star to make a false statement. But Hollywood is nowhere near perfect and every so often its peeps will make an off-colour comment or reveal more than they intended to. We keep you informed of the most noteworthy Tinseltown talk with our weekly installment of celebrity Quips & Quotes. This week: Heidi Fleiss is...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sherri Shepherd on Surrogate Drama: 'It's Very Painful'
- PHOTO: 7th Heaven Cast Reunites for Family-Style Dinner
- Where Is Lauren Conrad Going on Her Honeymoon?
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- The high-end version of Apple Watch might cost $5K
- Liam Neeson, Bono have been working on a movie script for six years
- Andy Samberg teams with Umami Burger to create ?The Samberger'
- Nikki Bella's Hot Date With John Cena, Eva Marie's Health Cleanse & More—See the Latest Total Divas Pics!
- Beyoncé Turns Her Back (and Booty!) Away From Photoshop Rumors With New Sexy Bikini Pic and Blue Ivy Photos
- E! Online's Ultimate Fall TV Scavenger Hunt Begins! Play With Us and Win