Posts with tag "roger ebert"
- Posted Mar 2nd 2010 at 04:42 PM by PopEater Staff
Cancer surgery may have cost film critic Roger Ebert his speech, but his familiar voice was resurrected in a much-anticipated interview with Oprah Winfrey this afternoon. Ebert debuted a synthesized voice, developed by a Scottish company that compiled Ebert's DVD commentaries, singled out specific words, and crafted a computer program that delivers what he wants to say. "It still needs ...
- Posted Feb 26th 2010 at 03:05 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- TV News
In what has already been a season of big guests, talk show mogul Oprah Winfrey will soon sit down with film critic and close personal friend Roger Ebert, Boston.com is reporting. The interview -- which airs Tuesday -- will be especially notable, as Ebert's recent bout with thyroid cancer has rendered him speechless. To accommodate, Ebert will use text-to-speech computer technology to field ...
- Posted Feb 17th 2010 at 12:45 PM by Amber James
In a new interview with Esquire magazine, famed movie critic Roger Ebert discusses what his life is like now, since surgeries stripped him of his lower jaw and the ability to speak and eat. The touching interview recounts Ebert's days, which are regimented as his wife Chaz takes care of him, but one thing is for sure: Ebert does not want to be pitied. He is striving to keep publishing his ...
- Posted Feb 17th 2010 at 07:33 AM by PopEater Staff
After losing his voice and part of his jaw to cancer four years ago, Roger Ebert now eats through a tube and speaks through a computer program or writes notes to communicate. But the famed movie critic is doing well. "There is no need to pity me. Look how happy I am," he writes when someone looks at him sadly. A new interview with Esquire captures what his life is like now, since surgeries ...
- Posted Jan 15th 2010 at 10:02 AM by Marc Schneider
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal
"You should be horse-whipped for the insult you have paid to the highest office of our nation." That is the opening sentence in a searing open letter from movie critic Roger Ebert to conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh. Why is Ebert so upset to suggest an entertainer should be beaten like an animal? As you may have heard, Limbaugh has been critical of President Barack Obama's response to the ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler: My Heel-Wearing Days Are Dwindling
- Jose Canseco Is a Suspect in a Sexual Assault Case: Police
- Angelina Jolie Takes Action Vs. Cancer - How You Can Too!
- Break Time: NFL star gets tons of wedding gifts
- Helen Mirren dresses like Queen Elizabeth, grants sick child's wish to meet royality
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Is Kellie Pickler the best winner ever?