Posts with tag "roman polanski"
- Posted Jul 12th 2010 at 09:30 AM by PopEater Staff
Oscar-winning filmmaker Roman Polanski will not be sent to the United States to face child sexual assault charges, the Ministry of Justice announced Monday (via CNN). The Swiss government declared Polanski a free man on Monday after rejecting a US request to extradite him on a charge of having sex in 1977 with a 13-year-old girl. The Swiss mostly blamed US authorities for failing to provide...
- Posted May 17th 2010 at 06:59 AM by PopEater Staff
Woody Allen has pledged his support to Roman Polanski in the past -- even signing a petition calling for the director's release -- but the timing of his latest words of encouragement hints that the 'Annie Hall' director may not be keeping up on the news. "It's something that happened many years ago ... he has suffered, he has not been allowed to go to the United States. He was embarrassed by...
- Posted May 14th 2010 at 03:26 PM by PopEater Staff
Charlotte Lewis, the British actress who played opposite Eddie Murphy in 'The Golden Child,' has accused embattled director Roman Polanski of sexually abusing her when she was 16. With high-powered attorney Gloria Allred at her side, the 42-year-old actress told reporters on Friday that Polanski victimized her "in the worst possible way" when they first met at his apartment. Lewis went on to...
- Posted May 3rd 2010 at 07:37 AM by PopEater Staff
Roman Polanski has broken his silence after months of being under house arrest, saying prosecutors in the United States only want him extradited on a 33-year-old sex case to humiliate him and cause a media circus. In comments to an online magazine run by one of his supporters, Polanski said: "I can no longer remain silent because the United States continues to demand my extradition more to...
- Posted Feb 1st 2010 at 04:18 PM by Sarah Crow
Johnny Depp, whose support of children's charities and other worthy causes has gained him media attention in the past, is lending his name to a list that is getting him some mixed reviews. The actor has recently come out in support of Roman Polanski, who was arrested in Zurich in 2009 on charges relating to a 1977 statutory rape case. The actor, who met Polanski while filming 1999's "The Ninth...
- Posted Dec 21st 2009 at 04:40 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
A California appeals court on Monday rejected Roman Polanski's bid to have his sex case dismissed, but cited grave concerns over possible judicial and prosecutorial misconduct. The California 2nd District Court of Appeal announced it had denied the petition, with justices saying they are "deeply concerned" about the alleged misconduct. "We encourage all participating parties to do their...
- Posted Dec 4th 2009 at 09:30 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Roman Polanski began his house arrest on $4.5 million bail Friday, rolling into the luxury resort of Gstaad in a police convoy to a warm welcome from his wife and children at his Alpine chalet. Polanski persuaded Swiss authorities to end his two months of incarceration in a Swiss jail pending their decision on whether to extradite him to the U.S. in a 32-year-old sex case. ...
- Posted Dec 3rd 2009 at 03:41 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Authorities acted to protect Roman Polanski from public attention Thursday by moving him from a Zurich area jail to an undisclosed location before his transfer to house arrest in the Swiss Alps. Polanski was taken from the jail in Winterthur for "security reasons and personal protection," Justice Ministry spokesman Folco Galli said....
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 12:32 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
A Swiss court just approved Roman Polanski's bail offer of $4.5 million to be released from prison and kept under house arrest and electronic monitoring. He will have to remain within the confines of his Swiss chalet (no, not the restaurant, fellow Canucks). The court said the offer was significant enough to offset concerns about the film director being a high flight risk while he fights an...
- Posted Nov 20th 2009 at 09:00 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
The wife and two children of Roman Polanski are bearing the brunt of the director's imprisonment in Switzerland as he awaits a decision on his extradition, his lawyer said in an interview to be published Friday. Polanski has proposed "very significant" bail money, house arrest and other assurances to find freedom, Herve Temime told the daily Le Figaro. His 76-year-old client "will not accept...
Popeater Hot Topics
- From LIFE: Candid Photos and Classic Portraits of John F. Kennedy
- Jennifer Aniston on Kim Kardashian's Butt Pic: I Did It First
- Does Vogue's New Office Have a Rat Infestation?
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- Your guide to this weekend's holiday TV movies
- American Music Awards Artists One Direction, Lorde and More Shown Through Emojis—Can You Guess Correctly? Play the Game Now!
- Guess Which Music Legend Is Giving Taylor Swift Her Big Award at the AMAs Tomorrow!
- Khloé Kardashian Breaks Down Over Failed Marriage to Lamar Odom: "I Wish I Was Still Married to Him"