Posts with tag "russell crowe"
- Posted Jun 4th 2011 at 12:07 PM by Christine Fenno
Oscar winner Russell Crowe flew to England this week to share his wisdom about acting with a thrilled group of students at Durham University. The 'Robin Hood' star, 47, was all smiles while posing for photos with his new protegees. Crowe told the BBC, "We did a little vocal warm up, then I took them outside to do an exercise in leadership and using the space around you." He called Durham "gorge...
- Posted May 14th 2010 at 09:20 AM by PopEater Staff
A British radio host felt the wrath of Russell Crowe on Thursday after suggesting that the actor's accent in 'Robin Hood' had "hints of Irish" in it. The Aussie star became downright ornery with Mark Lawson of BBC Radio 4's Front Row when he made this unfortunate observation, asking, "What were you thinking of?" "You've got dead ears, mate," Crowe crowed back. "You've seriously got dead ears if...
- Posted May 12th 2010 at 09:00 PM by PopEater Staff
The 63rd Annual Cannes Film Festival kicked off this week, and even massive storms on the French Riviera didn't keep the stars away. The 'Robin Hood' premiere gala on opening night attracted several of Hollywood's biggest A-list celebrities, each one dressed to the nines, while the 'Wall Street' crew looked nothing short of dapper during their film's premiere. Kate Beckinsale, Cate Blanche...
- Posted Apr 12th 2010 at 05:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Masculinity-impinging tights are a joke so linked with the legend of Robin Hood that Mel Brooks subtitled his spoof 'Men in Tights.' But Russell Crowe has boldly declared that for his starring role in the Ridley Scott remake of the classic English tale, he don't need no stinkin' tights. "There are no tights in this film," Crowe told Reuters. "They weren't invented until quite a few hundred years...
- Posted Sep 12th 2009 at 05:00 PM by Jo Piazza
A Michael Jackson tribute concert planned for later this month in Vienna has been postponed to next year in London. Had a judge allowed it, the Austrian concert would have provided Chris Brown with his first real chance for a comeback. If Chris should wait for the Jackson concert to perform publicly, he should know that stepping back into the spotlight could be a way to put the Rihanna incident...
- Posted Sep 4th 2009 at 07:07 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
An Australian newspaper mocked Russell Crowe for smoking and shoveling down a fatty meal during a recent bike ride, so the notoriously salty actor set out to prove he is still in gladiator shape - by challenging the paper's gossip columnist to a duel by bicycle. Crowe, who has been photographed looking slimmer in recent months, was apparently none too pleased by a column published in Sydney's T...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rosie O'Donnell Tweets About Finding Comfort in Broadway Songs Amid Troubles with Her Daughter
- Tears and Tributes as 10,000 Police Officers Mourn Slain Deputy Darren Goforth at Houston Funeral
- VIDEO: How Launching a Burger Bun Business Made This Woman a Millionaire
- Ex-Miss Nevada Katherine Reese busted again for meth possession, report says
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy: Community overreacting to escaped King Cobra
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Resolving Australian Dog Deportation Drama: ''I Killed My Dogs and Ate Them''
- Back On! Emma Roberts and Evan Peters Spotted Holding Hands Almost 3 Months After Ending Engagement
- Kanye West Sends New BFF Taylor Swift "the Coolest Flowers''—but Were They Taken from Kim's Rose Wall?!