Posts with tag "russell crowe"
- Posted Jun 4th 2011 at 12:07 PM by Christine Fenno
Oscar winner Russell Crowe flew to England this week to share his wisdom about acting with a thrilled group of students at Durham University. The 'Robin Hood' star, 47, was all smiles while posing for photos with his new protegees. Crowe told the BBC, "We did a little vocal warm up, then I took them outside to do an exercise in leadership and using the space around you." He called Durham...
- Posted May 14th 2010 at 09:20 AM by PopEater Staff
A British radio host felt the wrath of Russell Crowe on Thursday after suggesting that the actor's accent in 'Robin Hood' had "hints of Irish" in it. The Aussie star became downright ornery with Mark Lawson of BBC Radio 4's Front Row when he made this unfortunate observation, asking, "What were you thinking of?" "You've got dead ears, mate," Crowe crowed back. "You've seriously got dead ears if...
- Posted May 12th 2010 at 09:00 PM by PopEater Staff
The 63rd Annual Cannes Film Festival kicked off this week, and even massive storms on the French Riviera didn't keep the stars away. The 'Robin Hood' premiere gala on opening night attracted several of Hollywood's biggest A-list celebrities, each one dressed to the nines, while the 'Wall Street' crew looked nothing short of dapper during their film's premiere. Kate Beckinsale, Cate...
- Posted Apr 12th 2010 at 05:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Masculinity-impinging tights are a joke so linked with the legend of Robin Hood that Mel Brooks subtitled his spoof 'Men in Tights.' But Russell Crowe has boldly declared that for his starring role in the Ridley Scott remake of the classic English tale, he don't need no stinkin' tights. "There are no tights in this film," Crowe told Reuters. "They weren't invented until quite a few hundred years...
- Posted Sep 12th 2009 at 05:00 PM by Jo Piazza
A Michael Jackson tribute concert planned for later this month in Vienna has been postponed to next year in London. Had a judge allowed it, the Austrian concert would have provided Chris Brown with his first real chance for a comeback. If Chris should wait for the Jackson concert to perform publicly, he should know that stepping back into the spotlight could be a way to put the Rihanna incident...
- Posted Sep 4th 2009 at 07:07 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
An Australian newspaper mocked Russell Crowe for smoking and shoveling down a fatty meal during a recent bike ride, so the notoriously salty actor set out to prove he is still in gladiator shape - by challenging the paper's gossip columnist to a duel by bicycle. Crowe, who has been photographed looking slimmer in recent months, was apparently none too pleased by a column published in Sydney's...
Popeater Hot Topics
- President Obama Challenges Japanese Robot to Soccer Game
- Richard Gere and Kyra Sedgwick Convince New Yorkers They're Homeless
- Elizabeth Banks Takes Over PEOPLE's Twitter During Press Day for Walk of Shame
- QA: Jude Law picked up some bad habits for 'Dom Hemingway'
- 'Bachelorette' creator 'in shock' after contestant's death that puts show in 'bizarre predicament'
- Censorship of film 'Halawet Rooh' in Egypt sparks national controversy
- Mind-Blowing Meg Ryan Theory: The How I Met Your Mother Spinoff Is Actually When Harry Met Sally!
- "Human Barbie" Valeria Lukyanova Shares Sexy Workout Video: See Her Tiny Waist and Big Cleavage!
- Ciara Talks Pregnancy, Shows Off Her Beautiful Baby Bump—See the Pic!