Posts with tag "ryan murphy"
- Posted Jul 2nd 2011 at 09:27 AM by Christine Fenno
Last year, 'Glee' creator and head writer Ryan Murphy brought new characters to the forefront, but not all of them will remain stars at McKinley High. Chord Overstreet (Sam on 'Glee'), who joined the show for season 2, is not returning to the series as a regular this fall, according to Deadline.com. At the same time, breakout guest star Darren Criss (who plays Kurt's boyfriend, and Warblers'...
- Posted Jun 22nd 2011 at 06:01 PM by AOL TV Editors
'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy may have learned a thing or two from the criticism and complaints about the choppy second season of the hit musical series. Last summer, Murphy divulged entirely too much information about this last season and has seemed to abandoned that practice. He's stopped revealing every single plot twist, guest star and song selection. There is something to be said for the...
- Posted Jun 17th 2011 at 02:35 PM by Katelyn Mullen
It's another 'Glee' wedding, but this time for real. Us magazine is reporting 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy is engaged to his longtime partner. Murphy casually mentioned the impending nuptials as he chatted with Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM radio show earlier today, saying, "I'm with a great fellow now who I've known for 15 years. We just got engaged and I'm very excited about it!" Murphy...
- Posted Apr 11th 2011 at 11:15 AM by John Mitchell
A teary-eyed Kristin Chenoweth accepted the Vanguard Award at Sunday's 22nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles for her work to increase the visibility and understanding of the LGBT community in the media. Last year, Chenoweth, a devout Christian, wrote a lengthy response to a Newsweek article that claimed gay male actors couldn't successfully play straight men, instigating a media debacle...
- Posted Dec 3rd 2010 at 10:15 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
- Filed under:
- TV News
Looks like Rachel, Finn, Santana, Kurt and the rest of the Glee Club at McKinley High won't be around forever. 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy told Australia's Herald Sun that the current group of kids won't stay in high school indefinitely. He plans to add new students each year instead of the show following the same group of students endlessly. "Every year we're going to populate a new group,"...
- Posted Aug 10th 2010 at 02:00 PM by PopEater Staff
'Glee' and Britney Spears fans alike have been counting down the seconds until the show's homage to the legendary pop star airs this fall, and now it seems there's even more reason to celebrate. According to Ryan Seacrest, 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy has confirmed that Britney herself will be appearing on the show. "Britney, I think 100 percent, is going to be on the episode [for a] couple of...
- Posted May 14th 2010 at 01:55 PM by John Mitchell
Newsweek writer Ramin Setoodeh has had a pretty rough week, but things are looking up now that he's accepted 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy's invitation to visit the show's set to discuss why his recent article 'Straight Jacket,' which ignited a firestorm by questioning whether openly gay actors were believable when playing straight roles, offended the producer so much that he called for a boycott of...
- Posted May 11th 2010 at 08:05 PM by PopEater Staff
Actress Kristin Chenoweth isn't the only one upset with Newsweek for their recent article about gay actors playing straight characters. 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy has also expressed his deep disappointment with the magazine in an open letter--and is pushing fans for a boycott of Newsweek, EW.com reports. Murphy begins his letter, "I would like to join my good friend Kristin Chenoweth on her...
- Posted Nov 10th 2009 at 04:18 PM by PopEater Staff
Harry Shum, Jr. isn't one of the main characters on 'Glee.' He hasn't yet had a solo. But if you've been watching FOX's prime time musical, we guarantee you haven't missed Shum's pop and lock dance moves. We spoke to TV's most unmissable background player about snagging the role of Mike Chang on 'Glee' and what's coming up on the show....
- Posted Oct 13th 2009 at 04:30 PM by Melissa Daniels
While critics and fans alike may be drooling over Ryan Murphy's new hit 'Glee,' his sexy show 'Nip/Tuck' is wrapping up, with the season premiere on Oct. 14 kicking off the sixth and final season. PopEater caught up with actresses Kelly Carlson and Roma Maffia to get the scoop on what's in store. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Derick and Jill Duggar Dillard: We're Having a Boy!
- Celebrity Trainer Erin Oprea: One Great Move for Toned Legs
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Gene Simmons: Young women should marry older men
- Country singer Martina McBride pursues cooking passion
- Selena Gomez reveals sexiest photoshoot yet
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to Five Years in Prison for Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp's Killing
- Go Girl! Jennifer Lawrence Swings an Ax and Impresses All the Guys in New Serena Clip
- FKA Twigs Takes "Video Girl" to Extreme With Google Glass in New Conceptual Video: Watch Now!